1. Standard memberyosiman
    Genius
    playing chess
    Moves
    04 May '08 22:46
    What's the point of having chessatwork, timeforchess, etc. when they're the same thing as rhp and just different colors? Am I missing something?
  2. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    04 May '08 22:56
    Originally posted by yosiman
    What's the point of having chessatwork, timeforchess, etc. when they're the same thing as rhp and just different colors? Am I missing something?
    FAQ
  3. Standard memberyosiman
    Genius
    playing chess
    Moves
    05 May '08 00:09
    Originally posted by Drew
    FAQ
    Thanks Drew.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 May '08 01:40
    I find the chess@work interface alot easier on the eyes, as it is mostly in black and white.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 May '08 03:50
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I find the chess@work interface alot easier on the eyes, as it is mostly in black and white.
    I find the www.playtheimmortalgame.com interface a lot easier on the eyes as it is mostly in soothing blue and white.

๐Ÿ˜›
  6. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    05 May '08 06:04
    I like that you can choose an interface.

Pity your stats remain the same when you switch between them though

๐Ÿ˜‰
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 May '08 06:38
    also a pity you can only log in to one at a time, if you switch you get ads ...
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 May '08 18:202 edits
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    also a pity you can only log in to one at a time, if you switch you get ads ...
    Site Settings:

Enable multiple browsers to be logged into the same account

Check the box might fix that. I'm logged on most all in case a link sends me there.

Check and see if that changes ads showing up. I don't get ads when switching. This message is sent from RHP though I use TFC.

You do need to log in at each site, if you are not logged into the other site already, you will get the ads.

Not sure Site Settings info I gave is required after my edit... but you must be logged in to avoid the ads.

P-
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 May '08 01:21
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I find the www.playtheimmortalgame.com interface a lot easier on the eyes as it is mostly in soothing blue and white.

๐Ÿ˜›
    Yes, I think I could handle that one also, I am so use to the mostly black and white, it looks all lit up like a christmas tree in there ๐Ÿ˜›
  10. Standard memberBedingbedang
    commente moi donc รงa
    Montreal
    Moves
    06 May '08 04:02
    A lot of people play at work and their chess site gets banned/blocked once it's known...so it's good to have a few spares to fall back on when that happens.

Not that I would know anything about that.... ;-)
  11. Standard memberlolaink
    I don't think so...
    look behind you
    Moves
    06 May '08 22:46
    Originally posted by Bedingbedang
    A lot of people play at work and their chess site gets banned/blocked once it's known...so it's good to have a few spares to fall back on when that happens.

Not that I would know anything about that.... ;-)
    ~sigh~ and then the spares are found out ๐Ÿ™

Not that I would know either ((cough-cough))
  12. Earth Prime
    Moves
    07 May '08 04:071 edit
    One thing about chessatwork that was brought up long ago and never addressed:

when minimized or tabbed, the top bar reads: "ChessAtWork.com". Why wouldn't Russ make it something else like: "BusinessRelations.com" or "Weekly Sales Averages"? Having the word "Chess" as the first word in the title makes chessatwork.com the ironically worst site to use while at work.

Edit: Not to mention the icon is the same little horsey piece

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree