1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    05 May '06 19:101 edit
    Why did it go down after I won a game. The FAQ say this is possible if you havent' played 20 games yet..but i don't get how this can be?

Do you have to beat players ranked lower than you quickly or else you go down?
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    05 May '06 20:28
    Originally posted by uzless
    Why did it go down after I won a game.
    'cos you're uzless

🙄
  3. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    05 May '06 21:34
    Originally posted by uzless
    Why did it go down after I won a game. The FAQ say this is possible if you havent' played 20 games yet..but i don't get how this can be?

Do you have to beat players ranked lower than you quickly or else you go down?
    From the FAQ: Until you complete 20 games, you will have a provisional rating. This rating is calculated as the average of all the games you have played. Each game is scored as being your opponent's rating (for a draw), your opponent's rating plus 400 (for a win), or your opponent's rating minus 400 (for a loss). If your opponent is also on a provisional rating, then the 400s above become 200s.

So, if you really want a good rating (1) don't play against other provisional players while you are still provisional, and (2) win.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 May '06 22:48
    Originally posted by rhb
    'cos you're uzless

🙄
    Your rating goes down when you are teh suuuuuuuuuck
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    07 May '06 05:29
    Originally posted by General Putzer
    Your rating goes down when you are teh suuuuuuuuuck
    while i'm no grandmaster, I am undefeated so far
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    07 May '06 05:35
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    From the FAQ: [i]Until you complete 20 games, you will have a provisional rating. This rating is calculated as the average of all the games you have played. Each game is scored as being your opponent's rating (for a draw), your opponent's rating plus 400 (for a win), or your opponent's rating minus 400 (for a loss). If your opponent is also on a prov ...[text shortened]... ) don't play against other provisional players while you are still provisional, and (2) win.
    thanks for the info

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree