1. Joined
    09 Nov '07
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 00:22
    I just won a game becouse he was banned. I'm interested in knowing why?
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 01:08
    because russ is from the eastside.
  3. Joined
    09 Nov '07
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 01:14
    That is funny but how would I find out for real?
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 02:301 edit
    Originally posted by im back
    I just won a game becouse he was banned. I'm interested in knowing why?
    he merely resigned, he's in the land of the living presently...maybe you should challenge him once more before he gets your assumed but perhaps more likely wished for chop...
    EDIT: 'im back' from where exactly, planet zog or is that just a robust statement due to a previous 'run in' with the site owners 😉
  5. Joined
    09 Nov '07
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 04:26
    No problems with the site. I joined in 2005 and I had many many games going. My mother passed away. I left with out putting on my vacation marker. I came home two weeks later to a horror show of timeouts. I quit. I tried to get my ratings back up in 2007 but never had the time. So "I'm Back"
  6. Joined
    09 Nov '07
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 04:27
    In my game with westside in the message box it said he had been banned and game was resigned.
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 06:011 edit
    Originally posted by im back
    No problems with the site. I joined in 2005 and I had many many games going. My mother passed away. I left with out putting on my vacation marker. I came home two weeks later to a horror show of timeouts. I quit. I tried to get my ratings back up in 2007 but never had the time. So "I'm Back"
    I'm sorry to hear that, it's an awful time of life when the passing of one or another's parent transpires..
    EDIT: if you look the player up, he's still playing here..I'm not so sure that message was genuine, I've never had one telling me an opponent was banned yet I have played a number here. I've no idea where it came from, maybe the player himself winding you up..just a guess.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 15:13
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I'm sorry to hear that, it's an awful time of life when the passing of one or another's parent transpires..
    EDIT: if you look the player up, he's still playing here..I'm not so sure that message was genuine, I've never had one telling me an opponent was banned yet I have played a number here. I've no idea where it came from, maybe the player himself winding you up..just a guess.
    you do get a message from admin in game saying someone has been banned from the site, it's very different to a message that is sent from the player.
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 17:192 edits
    Originally posted by trev33
    you do get a message from admin in game saying someone has been banned from the site, it's very different to a message that is sent from the player.
    so you're saying when someone is banned we get a note telling us so..trust me, I've never received anything remotely similar...nothing in fact. Why do we get instances of banned players rating graphs spiralling downward and then it peaks here and there for games won after the ban..because un notified players have resigned their games without knowing their opponent was banned...I myself have done likewise.
    If it's their turn then you have the banned icon as reference, if you're checking why they haven't moved for however long. If it's your move then surely a notification would be heeded and you'd make the move and wait for the site to clear his \ her games.. but certainly not resign.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 18:36
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    so you're saying when someone is banned we get a note telling us so..trust me, I've never received anything remotely similar...nothing in fact. Why do we get instances of banned players rating graphs spiralling downward and then it peaks here and there for games won after the ban..because un notified players have resigned their games without knowing thei ...[text shortened]... make the move and wait for the site to clear his \ her games.. but certainly not resign.
    when a player is banned from the site all of their games should be automatically resigned, in these cases when you enter the game you will notice an rhp message that the player was banned and the game resigned. why this doesn't happen all the time (in seems) i don't know but it has happened in all of the few times i was playing user while they were banned from the site.
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 19:05
    Originally posted by trev33
    when a player is banned from the site all of their games should be automatically resigned, in these cases when you enter the game you will notice an rhp message that the player was banned and the game resigned. why this doesn't happen all the time (in seems) i don't know but it has happened in all of the few times i was playing user while they were banned from the site.
    I still have a game, 'player banned-please wait' notice from april '10..I had no idea he'd been banned three days before I returned the board to him. Very rarely are such games automatically 'done and dusted'...although it makes perfect sense that the whole process should be somewhat automated and therefore swift, there are great long waits between the please wait notice and the allocation of a game won. That wait is arbitrary, points allocation likewise, with some being awarded the game far sooner than others, why on earth they can't just ban and allocate at the point of natural timeout is beyond me..take 'green clubs' for example, some folk received points and others not, even though their rates similar and their games concluding within the same day...
  12. Joined
    09 Nov '07
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 21:55
    Thank You for the help everyone. I love this site.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree