Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 29 Feb '08 06:26
    Game number 4627970. I'm black. Game ended as a draw?? Is this a bug? Or is there some set of rules I haven't learned??
  2. Standard member cadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    29 Feb '08 06:28
    Originally posted by niclasil
    Game number 4627970. I'm black. Game ended as a draw?? Is this a bug? Or is there some set of rules I haven't learned??
    That's stalemate buddy.
  3. 29 Feb '08 06:30
    It is clear that white has no moves available. It is a classic stalemate.

That counts as a draw. Next time, leave your opponent a move when you are not able to mate him.
  4. 29 Feb '08 06:31
    Ok, thanks. Kind of stupid not to know that.
  5. 29 Feb '08 06:37
    Unfortunately, you learned it the hard way (I also learned it that way as well; I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory).
  6. Subscriber RDM
    29 Feb '08 07:33
    A lot of the better players try and steers us lower rated players towards a draw. Its very tricky sometimes. Just be aware of the submit button in these situations. Always ask yourself - "Where would I move if I were him" before clicking submit.
  7. 06 Apr '08 14:14
    Originally posted by RDM
    A lot of the better players try and steers us lower rated players towards a draw. Its very tricky sometimes. Just be aware of the submit button in these situations. Always ask yourself - "Where would I move if I were him" before clicking submit.
    In non rated blitz sites like here and Gameknot I have purposely(on occassion) as an experiment,let my opponent gain massive pieces over me in the endgame.I once remember letting my opponent queen 5 pawns!So he had 6 queens on the board and all i had was my King and 1 pawn.
    He was so overconfident,kept messaging me to resign,calling me a "fool" ect ect....then he forced me into a corner and I could not move my king to a legal move anywhere and my pawn was frozen.....
    Ha!Stalemate!I just had to message him back and say...."who is the fool now?"
  8. 06 Apr '08 15:01
    Originally posted by Truculence
    In non rated blitz sites like here and Gameknot...
    nobody cares about Gameknot!