Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 20 Nov '07 06:10
    So what's with the little emblem beside my new opponent's ("captain cupcake" name whenever I see it. For instance: http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=357751 But I see it also on my "my games" page, in my archive also, and elsewhere. I looked a bit for an explanation of this "emblem's" significance – is it a code? what is it? a book with wings?
  2. Standard member John of Reading
    Scotch addict
    20 Nov '07 07:46
    It's explained here: FAQ
  3. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    20 Nov '07 12:59
    Originally posted by John of Reading
    It's explained here: FAQ
    you are linking to an explanation of the different stars. this does not sound like what is he asking about to me. I cant see how this could be mistaken for a "book with wings"

    carjacker, I see no emblem which resembles a book with wings - do you ever see it beside any other users name?
  4. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    20 Nov '07 14:51
    Originally posted by MCA
    you are linking to an explanation of the different stars. this does not sound like what is he asking about to me. I cant see how this could be mistaken for a "book with wings"

    carjacker, I see no emblem which resembles a book with wings - do you ever see it beside any other users name?
    It's the "move frequency" symbol, I guess.

    D
  5. 20 Nov '07 16:51
    Carjacker, Perhaps you have been staring at a chess board too long?
  6. 20 Nov '07 16:51
    Carjacker, Perhaps you have been staring at a chess board too long?
  7. 21 Nov '07 23:48
    It was a small blank square with two points coming out either side. Possibly thetips of the points of captain cupcake's new star . But it isn't there any more. You all missed it ; only I was blessed.
  8. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    24 Nov '07 16:15
    Originally posted by carjacker
    It was a small blank square with two points coming out either side. Possibly thetips of the points of captain cupcake's new star . But it isn't there any more. You all missed it ; only I was blessed.
    I suspect it was just the star image that did not load properly, causing the blanc square. The wings are separate images, you should know.
  9. 29 Nov '07 16:47
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I suspect it was just the star image that did not load properly, causing the blanc square. The wings are separate images, you should know.
    Finally, what I think is likely the correct explanation of the mysterious "winged square". Now Aiko can go to work explaining the Bermuda Triangle and UFOs.