wings

wings

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
24 Oct 09

what do the wings next to the star denote? and why has Luck no wings and only a yellow star when he is third in moves list?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09
1 edit

FAQ - check here for more information about the stars.

The "wingless" stars (plain yellow, but now silver/grey) show those users who donated money very early in the life of this site, but who no longer have an active subscription.

Their willingness to support the site very early in its life gave us the confidence to make the investment required to develop the site to where it is now.

On the whole, they have subscriber benefits, but still see ads throughout the site.

F

Moves
24 Oct 09

Give Luck wings! And all other wingless members. Or get rid of the wings altogether.

If his winglessness depends of what happened half a decade ago, then it has no bearing of today.

Give Luck wings!

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Or get rid of the wings altogether.
You will never take my wings!
*flys away*

Anyway, for a member without an active subscription, but wíth subscriber benefits I guess he should be "Luck"y with what he has not?
Who needs them silly wings anyway?

*falls out the sky and breaks leg*

T

Moves
25 Oct 09

Originally posted by Russ
FAQ - check here for more information about the stars.

The "wingless" stars (plain yellow, but now silver/grey) show those users who donated money very early in the life of this site, but who no longer have an active subscription.

Their willingness to support the site very early in its life gave us the confidence to make the investment re ...[text shortened]... is now.

On the whole, they have subscriber benefits, but still see ads throughout the site.
but on lucks page it says he is a subscriber?!

Australia

Moves
25 Oct 09

Originally posted by tottenhamhotspurfc
but on lucks page it says he is a subscriber?!
Well, it has to say something, doesn't it? He's like a life member because he contributed money when the site started up, so if you like he's a special category of subscriber, paid a lot upfront, gets all the benefits, but doesn't keep on paying so he's getting ads instead. You'll find a few of them on the site, all with very low UserId numbers.

F

Moves
25 Oct 09

Originally posted by Kewpie
Well, it has to say something, doesn't it? He's like a life member because he contributed money when the site started up, so if you like he's a special category of subscriber, paid a lot upfront, gets all the benefits, but doesn't keep on paying so he's getting ads instead. You'll find a few of them on the site, all with very low UserId numbers.
Then perhaps he is the one who should have the wings? The others of us, not?

Australia

Moves
25 Oct 09

Great idea, FF! Russ, are you listening?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
28 Oct 09

I don't agree. I often wish I'd come here early enough to be an "Original Pawn Star".

Changing it now would be silly, like the US military deciding 1 stripe on the arm is better than having 4 or any other number of things that 'are what they are'.

The wingless star shows you've been around since the beginining, and contributed to RHP's future.

P-

RHP Member No.16

Moves
28 Oct 09

We probably should have a halo!

Just joking.......🙂

F

Moves
28 Oct 09

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I don't agree. I often wish I'd come here early enough to be an "Original Pawn Star".

Changing it now would be silly, like the US military deciding 1 stripe on the arm is better than having 4 or any other number of things that 'are what they are'.

The wingless star shows you've been around since the beginining, and contributed to RHP's future.

P-
It does show, yes, but only if you know it.
It doesn't say anything about the wingless silvery star in the FAQ. (yet?)

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Oct 09

It does show, yes, but only if you know it.
It doesn't say anything about the wingless silvery star in the FAQ. (yet?)
A wingless star is a wingless star.

I'd KILL for one!~

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Oct 09

Originally posted by Phlabibit
A wingless star is a wingless star.

I'd KILL for one!~
Use feedback, spanky.