wont move

wont move

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
cubs in 09!

Moves
29 Jan 09
1 edit

what do i do when i have a guy who will not move. He has somehow had his vacation flag up for about 2 weeks but keeps moving in all his games against ours. It is forced mate in 1 and he keeps putting up his flag. Will he ever lose on time??

a

Moves
29 Jan 09

Any subscriber has 36 days of vacation as you should know. So you will be able to time him out in a maximum of 36 days (assuming that the timebank use for your game is less than 36).

Moves
29 Jan 09

Originally posted by atlantean
what do i do when i have a guy who will not move. He has somehow had his vacation flag up for about 2 weeks but keeps moving in all his games against ours. It is forced mate in 1 and he keeps putting up his flag. Will he ever lose on time??
au boo who

F

Moves
30 Jan 09

Originally posted by atlantean
During his vacation he is immune from time outs. You cannot do anything to time him out before his vacation runs out.

This is within the rights of vacation. Subscribers have vacation rights, non-subscriber has none (or different rights).

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Jan 09

Originally posted by trev33
au boo who
Well, it happens... but it's certainly not cool to hang a game when lost on purpose. I did some math some years back, and you actually maintain a higher rating by taking the lost game ASAP and concentrating on the winning games. It's not many points, but if you stall games to keep your rating from going down you're actually hurting your rating.

P-

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Jan 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
During his vacation he is immune from time outs. You cannot do anything to time him out before his vacation runs out.

This is within the rights of vacation. Subscribers have vacation rights, non-subscriber has none (or different rights).
Yeah, but I'm sure this is an instance of stalling. Within the rules, but not very classy.

P-

F

Moves
30 Jan 09

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Yeah, but I'm sure this is an instance of stalling. Within the rules, but not very classy.

P-
I do sometimes the same. When I have a high pressure in my real life, such as coming exam, a heavy work load with much overtime, or whatever reason, I set myself on vacation for a while. Then I play certain games and exclude others, based on certain critieria. Some of my opponents may think I'm stalling, but in reality I cope with my real life situation.

Moves
30 Jan 09

Well, it happens... but it's certainly not cool to hang a game when lost on purpose. I did some math some years back, and you actually maintain a higher rating by taking the lost game ASAP and concentrating on the winning games. It's not many points, but if you stall games to keep your rating from going down you're actually hurting your rating.

P-
i don't see the point in it either...other than hoping your opponent has a stroke so you get the timeout win in a lost position but sooner or later your rating will find it's true level anyway so again i don't see the point.

as soon as i see a game is lost it's binned.

which has been happening a lot lately 😞

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Jan 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I do sometimes the same. When I have a high pressure in my real life, such as coming exam, a heavy work load with much overtime, or whatever reason, I set myself on vacation for a while. Then I play certain games and exclude others, based on certain critieria. Some of my opponents may think I'm stalling, but in reality I cope with my real life situation.
I guess the player MAY not know they are one move from mate and off doing other things, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

P-

F

Moves
30 Jan 09

I guess the player MAY not know they are one move from mate and off doing other things, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

P-
Does it matter? If someone is stalling a game?

Yes, if this game is the only one left in one round, and stalls the whole tournament.
Yes, if a non-subs has his 6 slots filled with passive games, and cannot start another one because of these stallers.
No, in any other cases. I doesn't see any other to bother if someone is stalling games in order to raise his rating in one point or two, or some other obscure reason.

DS

Moves
31 Jan 09

Basically, people like to bend rules. 😞😞😞

Moves
31 Jan 09

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Basically, people like to bend rules. 😞😞😞
no rules being bent here.

DS

Moves
31 Jan 09