Change in Timebank & Vacation

Change in Timebank & Vacation

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G
Borderer

Scotland

Moves
27 Aug 09

This is being discussed on the help forum and I thought it would be better to discuss this on here.

Thread 118344

My personal opinion would be to half the vacation time, but to stop the clock ticking down when on vacation.

Therefore, when you do come back from holiday and restart, the games are still the same way as when you left.

F

Moves
27 Aug 09

Originally posted by GalaKev
This is being discussed on the help forum and I thought it would be better to discuss this on here.

Thread 118344

My personal opinion would be to half the vacation time, but to stop the clock ticking down when on vacation.

Therefore, when you do come back from holiday and restart, the games are still the same way as when you left.
I think the vacation system works well as it is.
...except...
It should offered to everyone, subs and non-subs, on the same conditions. For fairness sake.
And perhaps that when you have a time out immunity period (another name of vacancy), then your opponent should also have time out immunity in your games.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
27 Aug 09

Thread 118344

Rec'd 🙂

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Aug 09
1 edit

Thread 118344

I prefer to let my opponent move while on vacation ... no point in slowing the game down if he's willing to move!

d

Moves
30 Aug 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I prefer to let my opponent move while on vacation ... no point in slowing the game down if he's willing to move!
agreed.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
30 Aug 09
2 edits

Being able to move while on vacation really isn't what were talking about here. We're just talking about having the clocks stop completely on the persons games that's on vacation. I also think they should still be able to move if they wish while on vacation.

The site idea is this;
14 or 15 days a year of vacation, with complete clock stoppage in all games for the person that's on vacation. Instead of the current vacation system.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Aug 09

Originally posted by KingDavid403
Being able to move while on vacation really isn't what were talking about here. We're just talking about having the clocks stop completely on the persons games that's on vacation. I also think they should still be able to move if they wish while on vacation.

The site idea is this;
14 or 15 days a year of vacation, with complete clock stoppage in all games for the person that's on vacation. Instead of the current vacation system.
OP said "...the games are still the same way as when you left", implying that no moves have been made. If moves are allowed to be made, I'd have nothing against this idea.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
31 Aug 09

OP said "...the games are still the same way as when you left", implying that no moves have been made. If moves are allowed to be made, I'd have nothing against this idea.
If moves are allowed to be made, I'd have nothing against this idea.
Maybe give non-subs 3-5 days vacation. Help entice them to join for more vacation days.

b

Here

Moves
31 Aug 09

[b]If moves are allowed to be made, I'd have nothing against this idea.
Maybe give non-subs 3-5 days vacation. Help entice them to join for more vacation days.[/b]
Good idea.

DS

Moves
31 Aug 09
1 edit

[b]If moves are allowed to be made, I'd have nothing against this idea.
Maybe give non-subs 3-5 days vacation. Help entice them to join for more vacation days.[/b]
We don't want yer miserable 3 - 5 days!

We demand equal rights. Until we get it, the games continue to be played unfairly. [sub v non sub] 😞

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
31 Aug 09

Thread 118344

Rec'd

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
31 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
We don't want yer miserable 3 - 5 days!

We demand equal rights. Until we get it, the games continue to be played unfairly. [sub v non sub] 😞
Equal rights are guaranteed when you stump up the sub fee 😛

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
31 Aug 09

Originally posted by Mctayto
Rec'd 😀

DS

Moves
31 Aug 09

If you feel you need to pay for an advantage, carry on.
Good luck.
🙂

Moves
31 Aug 09

... but some are more equal than others.

Orwell