Request for help testing new server build?

Request for help testing new server build?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
18 Sep 13

Anyone who would like to help test (play a few moves, more the better) or just go a little crazy trying to break the code on the new server, please send me a private message.

The test system is a total sandbox, you can resign all your games if you wish, your games on the main site will not be impacted.

Image uploads and conditional moves will not be working though, so no need to report that as an issue

d

Moves
19 Sep 13
2 edits

on the test site - the Chess Forum is not appearing.
"Sorry an error occurred. Please report this problem"

The other forums seem to open OK.
I am using IE and the link is .../board/threadlist.php?forumid=9

I joined the 3 day ladder and tried to challenge someone.
I got a blank page
.../ladder/ladder.php?ladderid=2&ladderaction=initchallenge&ladderactionverification=881&ladderopponentid=720749

There is a link on the MyHome page called My Performance.
.../myhome/myvs.php
The link wasn't working at first seems to jump back to myhome.php
but i just checked again and it is? Not sure if its intermittent or you just fixed something

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
19 Sep 13

Excellent feedback, thanks.

b

Here

Moves
19 Sep 13

I'm giving it a go, using Chrome, btw.

I've noticed four problems or oddities, whatever you want to call them.

#1, None of the pictures will show, like profile avatars or clan logos.

#2, There seems to be some kind of gap in time, no joke, basically the last 6 days haven't happened on the beta. The latest date I could find anywhere was the 13th.

#3, Perhaps due to #2, my account had timed-out on about 20 games that the real account has not. Likewise, there were probably about 20 games that I could timeout my opponent on.

#4, Lastly, whenever I hop on the blitz micro-site, there's a little pop-up that says "Failed to connect - please check your internet connection.

So far, everything else seems normal.

b

Here

Moves
19 Sep 13

I missed Russ's comment about the image upload, so forget the first problem I mentioned, sorry! 😛

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
19 Sep 13

#1, Sorry, should have mentioned this. They will not show until we migrate over.

#2, This is OK, we are testing against an old import.

#3, I tested our scheduled jobs today, which would have timed out your games because of #2. Create as many new games as you like.

#4, We have an issue with the blitz, the cause of which is not understood right now. See site announcements about this. The intention was have an extended outage of blitz after we move to the new server, but not yet!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
19 Sep 13

Originally posted by delnz

I got a blank page
.../ladder/ladder.php?ladderid=2&ladderaction=initchallenge&ladderactionverification=881&ladderopponentid=720749
We can't reproduce the My Performance issue you describe, but the other issues are fixed, thanks.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
19 Sep 13

The test machine is down right now.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
19 Sep 13

Available again. And very, very, quick indeed.

Australia

Moves
19 Sep 13

Logged in under my old (nonsub) userID, I am getting "subscribe to remove ads" superimposed on the last word in the subsidiary header line (below the coloured bar) on many different pages, obscuring the actual header words but not readable itself. As I don't log in on the real site as a nonsub I have no idea if this is supposed to happen.

d

Moves
20 Sep 13

Originally posted by Russ
Available again. And very, very, quick indeed.
Yes going really fast.
I can bring up the RHP 2013 championship tournament round 1 or 2 almost instantly, and switch between groups.
That's a big improvement from the main site.

I am seeing that problem with the My Home | My performance page intermittently. It either works or hangs. Is it possible it is hanging due to a call offsite like Google analytics or something. I only see this problem on the one page so far.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
20 Sep 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
Logged in under my old (nonsub) userID, I am getting "subscribe to remove ads" superimposed on the last word in the subsidiary header line (below the coloured bar) on many different pages, obscuring the actual header words but not readable itself. As I don't log in on the real site as a nonsub I have no idea if this is supposed to happen.
I think you are describing the panel where the advertisement goes. On the right end of the advert strip there is a rectangular link that says "subscribe to remove ads" and when you click it, you are taken to the subscriber page. There usually is a variety of different ads that appear all the way across this panel and they change as you go from one page to another.

As a nonsubscriber I do see the advertisements on the regular site and on the beta site. Subscribers do not usually see the advertisement strip.

What happens when you log into the beta site with your subscriber account?

Australia

Moves
20 Sep 13

I don't want to login as Kewpie on the beta site because I'm easily confused - I've already tried to do something on the real site by mistake! But I think you've given me my answer, I run an ad-blocker which doesn't affect my normal use on this site but if I hadn't been a subscriber I'd have noticed this before. So it's nothing to do with the beta, it's just something that happens if you come to this site while you have an ad-blocker running in Firefox.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Sep 13

Signing up to be a new member greeter doesn't work; brings up "forum has errors".

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
20 Sep 13

Originally posted by divegeester
Signing up to be a new member greeter doesn't work; brings up "forum has errors".
Sounds like the error has an error too.

I'll take a look at that right away.