Nobel Prize for Lobotomy?

Nobel Prize for Lobotomy?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
01 Apr 07

The first controlled human lobotomy was performed by the Portuguese physician and neurologist António Egas Moniz in 1936. His method involved drilling holes in patients' heads and destroying the tissue connecting the frontal lobes by injecting alcohol into them. Moniz won the Nobel Prize for medicine in 1949 for this work. from wiki

Wow, kinda crazy innt it? Makes me wonder what I could do to win a Nobel Prize...

TokerSmurf

Bonnie Scotland

Moves
01 Apr 07

Originally posted by prosoccer
The first controlled human lobotomy was performed by the Portuguese physician and neurologist António Egas Moniz in 1936. His method involved drilling holes in patients' heads and destroying the tissue connecting the frontal lobes by injecting alcohol into them. Moniz won the Nobel Prize for medicine in 1949 for this work. from wiki

Wow, kinda crazy innt it? Makes me wonder what I could do to win a Nobel Prize...
Well I'm not letting you drill any holes in my head to get it 🙄

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
01 Apr 07

I have a dvd about this. Check out the site:
https://www.cchr.org/store/

s

Moves
01 Apr 07

Hey!? Don't be disrespectful. It's obviously quite a discovery that if you open
up the skull and damage the brain you'll get a meat vegetable. Give him
some credit, will you? 😠

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
01 Apr 07

Interestingly enough, there's a site where a lot of the people who were experimented on during the labotomy trials hang out:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/threadlist.php?forumid=23

It's pretty bizarre reading though, not for the light of stomach.

RP

Moves
01 Apr 07

Originally posted by stocken
Hey!? Don't be disrespectful. It's obviously quite a discovery that if you open
up the skull and damage the brain you'll get a meat vegetable. Give him
some credit, will you? 😠
There is actually a clan for this...... anyone caring person want to join ?