Clan loyalty

Clan loyalty

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
21 Nov 07

I am just considering a small change to the clan system (one part of many planned) but thought I would run it past some of you first.

I want to recognise loyalty to a clan, and indicate with an icon how many games someone has won for the clan during challenges. (Or just played, regardless of result, if people prefer)

So, I am proposing an icon, probably based on military grades (stripes, etc) for each clan member. A "rank" will be assigned for each clan, so if you play for multiple clans, you will have a different rank in each.

The long term active members of a clan will then be obvious to all, and this will hopefully promote loyalty to the clan and avoid people jumping between clans.

I can't foresee this icon/rank being anything other than just a pretty way of showing number of games won (or played) for a clan.

This idea is not influenced by time spent playing Halo 3, honest πŸ˜‰

-Russ

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
21 Nov 07

sounds good... will please the statos.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
21 Nov 07

Originally posted by Russ
I am just considering a small change to the clan system (one part of many planned) but thought I would run it past some of you first.

I want to recognise loyalty to a clan, and indicate with an icon how many games someone has won for the clan during challenges. (Or just played, regardless of result, if people prefer)

So, I am proposing an icon, probabl ...[text shortened]... ) for a clan.

-Russ
Go with "Games Won" for the Clan.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
21 Nov 07

How about wins minus losses to have some sort of net points contribution to that particular clan?

P

Moves
22 Nov 07

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
How about [b]wins minus losses to have some sort of net points contribution to that particular clan?[/b]
Wouldn't that turn into a badge of shame for some?

I'm guessing that if you leave a clan and return to that clan this stat would get cleared to 0?

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
22 Nov 07

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
Wouldn't that turn into a badge of shame for some?

I'm guessing that if you leave a clan and return to that clan this stat would get cleared to 0?
It wouldn't because you'd still have games going for the clan.

r

Moves
22 Nov 07

..why not just let the clan leader have a small message box ( as i have proposed before ) to put in something about the clan ( below the list of
clan memers on the left )..it could have a sticky post to start with and the clan leader could say whatever he wanted about his clan members and the bottom half of the box could be to better desribe the clan, what goes on in the private clan forum, etc. just leave it to the clan leader to decide who
is a loyal or interesting player, etc...also...you would have a better clan system if you only allowed people to be in one clan at a time...you would
get more diversity in the clans and i think a more competitive spirit...no
divided loyalties or groupings of the same players congregating in a some
segment of the clans instead of being spread out...and you should eliminate the one player clans ( that would someone like me ) a one player can could create a clan and look to recruit but not be able to set up a game to play until they had at least two players in the clan...i have more ideas but i think you would have to give me a salary to get the rest of them..

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
22 Nov 07

Originally posted by reinfeld
..why not just let the clan leader have a small message box ( as i have proposed before ) to put in something about the clan ( below the list of
clan memers on the left )..it could have a sticky post to start with and the clan leader could say whatever he wanted about his clan members and the bottom half of the box could be to better desribe the clan, what ...[text shortened]... lan...i have more ideas but i think you would have to give me a salary to get the rest of them..
you sure like flipping your country, you're clan name and your pictures a lot 😲

r

Moves
22 Nov 07

....i have multiple personalities...most are evil and on parole..

to

Moves
22 Nov 07
1 edit

So, I am proposing an icon, probabl ) for a clan.

-Russ
I think it's a good idea in principle.

I'd prefer it to be done by either 'games played' for the clan, or better, length of time in the clan.

That way better players who play less games would be equally rewarded for length of service.

Would say more, but the outage is about to start...

P

Moves
22 Nov 07

Originally posted by Dutch Defense
It wouldn't because you'd still have games going for the clan.
they would have games going on, but their clan record may still end up negative in some cases. It may not be a big deal, but still possible.

I like the idea of the loyalty badge(s) though.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
22 Nov 07

I think it's a great idea.

N

The sky

Moves
22 Nov 07

So, I am proposing an icon, probably based on military grades
I don't like the idea of basing it on military grades. Maybe it could rather be based on chess pieces like the ranks on Playchess. Or something completely new and exciting.

Otherwise, it sounds like a nice idea, even though it'll look bad for me because I play so few games...

DS

Moves
22 Nov 07

Originally posted by the one00
I think it's a good idea in principle.

I'd prefer it to be done by either 'games played' for the clan, or better, length of time in the clan.

That way better players who play less games would be equally rewarded for length of service.

Would say more, but the outage is about to start...
"Played", not "Won".

A player can be just as loyal regardless of their results, surely.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
22 Nov 07

Originally posted by the one00

I would not go for length of time in clan, since there are many examples of people who are in a clan for a long time but hardly play a game or are even unavailable/inactive for a long time..

However, amount of games played for the clan is a good one..
(although then you might just see that clan members of clans such as Metallica and IVV will have 20 members with high "loyalty" ratings.. although I've also heard rumours that there's a lot of rotation of members?)

My preference would still be something on a net points basis or as second choice amount of wins.. this again to prevent rewarding clans / clan members who just take on 2000 challenges (and only win 30% of that) to harvest points regardless of quality..

Just my humble opinion..