Guess my name

Guess my name

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia

Moves
21 Feb 18
1 edit

Only 5 guesses allowed. Ask whatever you like, but don't offer an actual name too quickly because you'll be hanged for the 5th incorrect guess.

I was born in London.

Moves
21 Feb 18

Originally posted by @kewpie
Only 5 guesses allowed. Ask whatever you like, but don't offer an actual name too quickly because you'll be hanged for the 5th incorrect guess.

I was born in London.
In what year?

Read a book!

Moves
21 Feb 18

I was born in London.
Are you female?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
21 Feb 18

I was born in London.
Is it 5 guesses per person? Or 5 altogether?

Australia

Moves
21 Feb 18

5 guesses in all. I will tell no lies, but I may not answer your question precisely, that would make it too easy for Mister Google.

I was born in London in the first half of the 19th century, and died near the end of that century.
I am not female.

Read a book!

Moves
22 Feb 18

Are you notorious?

Australia

Moves
22 Feb 18
1 edit

I am well-known but not notorious, in the negative sense implied by that word. In the United Kingdom, that is. Some of my pronouncements have become internationally-familiar quotes.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 Feb 18

I am well-known but not notorious, in the negative sense implied by that word. In the United Kingdom, that is. Some of my pronouncements have become internationally-familiar quotes.
Oscar Wilde

Moves
22 Feb 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Oscar Wilde
Can't be, he was born in 1854.

Moves
22 Feb 18

What is your profession?

Australia

Moves
22 Feb 18
3 edits

I was born into a wealthy family and I am easily bored - I tried the legal profession and then wrote novels which did not make money. Eventually I found my spiritual home in a political party. Advancement in that party gave me considerable power and status.

Moves
22 Feb 18

I was born into a wealthy family and I am easily bored - I tried the legal profession and then wrote novels which did not make money. Eventually I found my spiritual home in a political party. Advancement in that party gave me considerable power and status.
You are the right honourable Earl of Beaconsfield, and I claim my five pounds.

(A.k.a. Benjamin Disraeli.)

Australia

Moves
22 Feb 18

I am indeed he, and your five guineas is in the mail. 🙂

Who are you?

Moves
23 Feb 18

I am indeed he, and your five guineas is in the mail. 🙂

Who are you?
I was born on the east coast of Sicily, where I also lived, worked and died, though I did study abroad.

Australia

Moves
23 Feb 18

Did you live and die in the period before the Christian Era?