Special Places

Special Places

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
12 Jul 17

Originally posted by HandyAndy
You're close. Be more specific.
Without resorting to google:-
The streets of San Francisco,Hawaii 5 'O' the boys from Brazil, Our man in Havana, I think there was something called the Philidelelphia project or something like that.
I can't think of anything for Barcelona or Nashville

Read a book!

Moves
13 Jul 17

Originally posted by venda
Without resorting to google:-
The streets of San Francisco,Hawaii 5 'O' the boys from Brazil, Our man in Havana, I think there was something called the Philidelelphia project or something like that.
I can't think of anything for Barcelona or Nashville
You were right on the doorstep in your earlier post. Narrow it down.

Read a book!

Moves
13 Jul 17

Can you determine what the seven places below have in common?

Barcelona
Brazil
Havana
Hawaii
Nashville
Philadelphia
San Francisco
They are all names of movies.

Venda gets partial credit because his multiple-choice answer included a reference to film titles.

Moves
13 Jul 17

Movies / Films - they are one and the same. Venda got it dead right 4 days ago. Humph !

Read a book!

Moves
13 Jul 17

Originally posted by michelleon
Movies / Films - they are one and the same. Venda got it dead right 4 days ago. Humph !
Read the thread.

Venda posted a solution that was too broad. It lumped together song titles, film titles
and TV titles. I told him he was close to the correct answer and asked him to be more
specific -- but he wandered further afield.

Moves
13 Jul 17

Don't be so bloody pedantic. Venda's post may have been 'broad' but it did include the correct answer - "film titles".

Moves
13 Jul 17

Anyway, moving on, here is my contribution to the forum : what do these places all have in common ?

Boston
Seoul
Coney Island
San Francisco
Tokyo
Burbank
Death Valley
Toledo
Decator

Read a book!

Moves
14 Jul 17

Anyway, moving on, here is my contribution to the forum : what do these places all have in common ?

Boston
Seoul
Coney Island
San Francisco
Tokyo
Burbank
Death Valley
Toledo
Decator
Song titles, film titles, TV titles, M*A*S*H signpost. You misspelled Decatur.

Moves
14 Jul 17

Yes, it's the famous M*A*S*H signpost. In my Google picture the Decatur "U" looks like an "O" but my bad.

Read a book!

Moves
14 Jul 17

Yes, it's the famous M*A*S*H signpost. In my Google picture the Decatur "U" looks like an "O" but my bad.
Don't be so bloody careless.

Moves
14 Jul 17
1 edit

Still, my error didn't prevent you from solving it, did it? - yet your mistake prevented others from solving your puzzle. Don't be so bloody-minded..

Read a book!

Moves
14 Jul 17

Still, my error didn't prevent you from solving it, did it? - yet your mistake prevented others from solving your puzzle. Don't be so bloody-minded..
I made no mistake. I asked venda to be specific, and he failed to follow through.

My mistake right now is wasting time trying to reason with an idiot.

Moves
14 Jul 17

I made no mistake...... .
Yes you did. Your blatant mistake was not recognising the fact that Vendor had correctly identified the solution as "film titles", which can also include "movie titles . You, are the idiot and a bloody minded one as well . Humph.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
15 Jul 17

im on andys side in the arguement. he didnt say the correct answer, so andy didnt say yes or no. you couldnt get it, and you were not the closest. you cant be arguing about this. its your fault you didnt get it in time.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
15 Jul 17
1 edit

its a riddle anyways. for petes sake.