Epilepsy in cats

Epilepsy in cats

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
18 Jul 16

I had a harrowing few minutes today as I cradled a beautiful black, white, grey and tabby kitten (young cat really) - called Laura - in what I thought were her ghastly dying moments.

The dust having settled on the rather intensely unpleasant incident, and with the said complicatedly monochrome cat now walking around doing things normally, I am starting to deduce that what I witnessed was an epileptic fit.

Has anyone else come across this in their own cats?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
18 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
I had a harrowing few minutes today as I cradled a beautiful black, white, grey and tabby kitten (young cat really) - called Laura - in what I thought were her ghastly dying moments.

The dust having settled on the rather intensely unpleasant incident, and with the said complicatedly monochrome cat now walking around doing things normally, I am starting to de ...[text shortened]... t what I witnessed was an epileptic fit.

Has anyone else come across this in their own cats?
When I was a child we had a hamster that was epileptic. I don't think it's unique to humans, I'd ask a vet (and keep her away from strobing lighting etc.).