1. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    19 Feb '24 22:23
    15 posts are shown per thread page.

Suggestion: The last page should always be 15 posts long, rather than reaching 15 posts then starting a new page at the next post, and it is the first page that varies in post numbers. This way the 15 most recent and most relevant posts are always 'on top'.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    20 Feb '24 01:13

Removed by poster

3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Feb '24 10:20
    @wajoma said
    15 posts are shown per thread page.

Suggestion: The last page should always be 15 posts long, rather than reaching 15 posts then starting a new page at the next post, and it is the first page that varies in post numbers. This way the 15 most recent and most relevant posts are always 'on top'.
    Reverse ordering of posts has already been suggested and rejected.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Feb '24 10:23
    Having just rewritten most of forums, I am comfortable saying I could make this optional. The default would definitely be as it is now though.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    20 Feb '24 11:43
    @suzianne said
    Reverse ordering of posts has already been suggested and rejected.
    Ijit that's not what is being suggested.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 23:181 edit
    @russ said
    Having just rewritten most of forums, I am comfortable saying I could make this optional. The default would definitely be as it is now though.
    Thank you sir for considering this suggestion, allow me to clarify:

When a page (for example page 2) reaches 30 posts, rather than starting page 3 with a single post, page 3 should retain the 15 latest most relevant posts and it is page 1 that will have a single post, i.e. the original post. Then continue in this manner, at 32 posts page 3 would still have the last 15 posts and it is page 1 that would now have two posts, the original and the first responding.

Apologies if it sounds as if I'm talking down to you. This is mainly for the benefit of a certain fellow thread contributor that may not have the abilities of reason and comprehension shared by our good selves.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Feb '24 01:512 edits
    @wajoma said
    Thank you sir for considering this suggestion, allow me to clarify:

When a page (for example page 2) reaches 30 posts, rather than starting page 3 with a single post, page 3 should retain the 15 latest most relevant posts and it is page 1 that will have a single post, i.e. the original post. Then continue in this manner, at 32 posts page 3 would still have the last 15 posts ...[text shortened]... d contributor that may not have the abilities of reason and comprehension shared by our good selves.
    And the purpose of this is... what?

Are you suggesting that the first page of a thread ALWAYS have LESS than 15 posts?

The last page having less than 15 posts is an indicator that new posts will be added to the end of it. For some unknown reason, you're looking to confuse people.

This change will result in people sending feedback complaining why aren't their posts being added in the proper place. Remember KISS? (Keep It Simple, Stupid.)
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    23 Feb '24 21:21
    @suzianne said
    Are you suggesting that the first page of a thread ALWAYS have LESS than 15 posts?
    No, I am not suggesting that.

Apologies to my fellow posters, it seems my stalker has followed me even here, I will refrain from making further suggestions.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Feb '24 08:10
    @wajoma said
    No, I am not suggesting that.

Apologies to my fellow posters, it seems my stalker has followed me even here, I will refrain from making further suggestions.
    So you can't even come up with a good reason for this suggestion?
  10. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Feb '24 08:49
    Actually Wajoma gave a reason, so that people can read the latest development as well as possible.

In my opinion it is regardless if the first or the last page is shorter.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Feb '24 23:42
    @suzianne said
    So you can't even come up with a good reason for this suggestion?
    I explained it twice, other people understood, you don't, that's your problem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree