1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 18:08
    Charles Russell, founder of JWs believed (and stated) that the divinity of Jesus was retained, and was one of the reasons he should be worshipped.

Our resident JW here won't touch this with a barge pole and has only tendered a weak watering down of the term 'worship' akin to the reverence a chap might give his postman for delivering a parcel.

Charles Russell presents a Jesus that is no longer recognised by current JWs, a Jesus that was divine and worthy of genuine worship. - I'm getting the feeling that modern day JWs are a little embarrassed by the beliefs of their founder and seek to distance themselves rather than admitting their views have changed (and moved further away from scripture).
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 18:27
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Charles Russell, founder of JWs believed (and stated) that the divinity of Jesus was retained, and was one of the reasons he should be worshipped.

Our resident JW here won't touch this with a barge pole and has only tendered a weak watering down of the term 'worship' akin to the reverence a chap might give his postman for delivering a parcel.

Charles Russell pre ...[text shortened]... e themselves rather than admitting their views have changed (and moved further away from scripture).
    Lol. Not that you will ever want to learn as that would prove you are so misguided about who Jesus is to us, which is to be expected by all your silly post.
    But should you like to know how we view Jesus, just go to JW.ORG and look up "Jesus". I know you won't and that will only prove that you have no idea what you are talking about and then you might have to have crow for dinner.....
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 19:031 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Lol. Not that you will ever want to learn as that would prove you are so misguided about who Jesus is to us, which is to be expected by all your silly post.
    But should you like to know how we view Jesus, just go to JW.ORG and look up "Jesus". I know you won't and that will only prove that you have no idea what you are talking about and then you might have to have crow for dinner.....
    I'm talking about how the founder of your church perceived Jesus. (Not how you perceive him now). Or do you still agree with Charles Russell that Jesus retained his divinity and should be worshipped?

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of Himself as having come down from heaven, and because He, though passing through trial and sorrow as a man, was yet possessed of the authority and exercised the prerogatives of a God. He was the object of unreproved worship even when a babe, by the wise men who came to see the new-born King. Matt. 2:2-11. Even the angels delighted to do Him honor. "When He bringeth the first-begotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him." Heb. 1:6.'

Zion's Watch Tower 1880 Oct pp.2-3
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 20:11
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Lol. Wow you have got to be kidding. Go get a job or something....
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 21:26
    @galveston75 said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Lol. Wow you have got to be kidding. Go get a job or something....
    Ignoring your weak attempt at deflection, I'll ask again:

I'm talking about how the founder of your church perceived Jesus. (Not how you perceive him now). Or do you still agree with Charles Russell that Jesus retained his divinity and should be worshipped?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 21:29
    @galveston75

Did you really not know Charles Russell, the founder of your own church, believed that Jesus retained his divinity and should be worshipped?

Crikey.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 21:33
    @galveston75 said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Go get a job or something....
    Which is actually what I say when you guys turn up on my doorstep, uninvited.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 22:54
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

Charles Russell pre ...[text shortened]... e themselves rather than admitting their views have changed (and moved further away from scripture).
    To be fair the JWs have distanced themselves from dozens of their own false prophesies and changed their minds on doctrine more times than day has turned to night.

This failure is so pronounced in their cult that someone wrote a book about it called “Apocalypse Delayed”.
    Brilliant title.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 14:33
    Will galveston75 ever explain I wonder why Charles Russell, founder of JWs, believed (and stated) that the divinity of Jesus was retained and should be worshipped.

Cluck cluck cluck
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 14:461 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Will galveston75 ever explain I wonder why Charles Russell, founder of JWs, believed (and stated) that the divinity of Jesus was retained and should be worshipped.

Cluck cluck cluck
    Speaking against the JW faith is a serious offence and perps will be disfellowshipped, hence his silence on this matter. I will not doubt that Galveston has already infomed the elders that he spreads the word of 'truth' of the Watchtower by posting on this chess site, and there will be some elders monitoring his comments.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 20:321 edit
    @galveston75

Charles Russell wrote six books (Scripture Studies) and boldly declared that it would be better to leave the Scriptures unread and read his books, rather than to read the Scriptures and neglect his books. In The Watch Tower, September 15, 1910, p. 298 he wrote:

“If the six volumes of Scripture Studies are practically the Bible, topically arranged with Bible proof texts given, we might not improperly name the volumes “The Bible in an Arranged Form.” That is to say, they are not mere comments on the Bible, but they are practically the Bible itself. Furthermore, not only do we find that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible by itself, but we see, also, that if anyone lays the Scripture Studies aside, even after he has used them, after he has become familiar with them, after he has read them for ten years—if he then lays them aside and ignores them and goes to the Bible alone, though he has understood his Bible for ten years, our experience shows that within two years he goes into darkness. On the other hand, if he had merely read the Scripture Studies with their references and had not read a page of the Bible as such, he would be in the light at the end of two years, because he would have the light of the Scriptures.”

Edit: Cough cough cult.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Apr '24 11:16
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @galveston75

Charles Russell wrote six books (Scripture Studies) and boldly declared that it would be better to leave the Scriptures unread and read his books, rather than to read the Scriptures and neglect his books. In The Watch Tower, September 15, 1910, p. 298 he wrote:

“If the six volumes of Scripture Studies are practically the Bible, topically arranged wi ...[text shortened]... e end of two years, because he would have the light of the Scriptures.”

Edit: Cough cough cult.
    What hubris!
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Apr '24 12:19
    I know there are a few here that have no intention of learning anything about the process that was set in motion after 1914 by Jesus who after throwing satan out of heaven, started ruling over his followers here on earth. The light of understanding of what was starting here on earth with ones who were breaking away from the churches that were not teaching truths in their paganistic churches, were being feed spiritually by Jesus. But this was to be a slow process that according to the Bible would take time.
    So yes there were truths that were not clear yet at that time and there were misunderstandings which the bible clearly said would happen.
    So you all can continue with this misguided fascination you have with being stuck in this subject that happened a century ago.
    A spiritually wise person should maybe look at the progress and constant forward steps that has been made since then and should see the JW's for who we are now and all the progress that has been made to separate ourselves from the false teachings that all the so called Christian religions STILL practice that are not approved of by Jehovah or Jesus.

Most here have no idea this happened in heaven right above your heads but after he threw Satan down to earth Jesus put in place a channel that he has used to help his followers to be spiritually clean. That channel is the faithful and discreet slave ,who are the early ones like Russel and others, which Christ appointed in 1919. (Matt. 24:45) By then, the Bible Students had already cleansed themselves of many false religious teachings like the trinity, but, like any students, they needed further teaching spiritually. Jesus has gradually made the light to his followers about many beliefs that they have to abandon. Proverbs 4:18 says:

18 But the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light
    That grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.

So I know many are stuck in our past back a century ago and think that our progressing in our understanding of what Jesus is teaching is a joke, perhaps one should look and learn at us today and grasp the amount of progress we've made and the willingness and effort we make to come to your doors to teach you what we have been taught. It seems that would be a great deal for you doubters to think about and that is for someone to come to your house at our expense, it cost you nothing, and maybe respect us for doing this in some countries that we are banned and could go to prison for.
    And this is done for the love and concern that we have for you and your future........ but you are running out of time.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Apr '24 12:22
    @galveston75 said
    I know there are a few here that have no intention of learning anything about the process that was set in motion after 1914 by Jesus who after throwing satan out of heaven, started ruling over his followers here on earth. The light of understanding of what was starting here on earth with ones who were breaking away from the churches that were not teaching truths in their ...[text shortened]... r the love and concern that we have for you and your future........ but you are running out of time.
    Cough cough cult.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 Apr '24 19:02
    @galveston75 said
    I know there are a few here that have no intention of learning anything about the process that was set in motion after 1914 by Jesus who after throwing satan out of heaven, started ruling over his followers here on earth. The light of understanding of what was starting here on earth with ones who were breaking away from the churches that were not teaching truths in their ...[text shortened]... r the love and concern that we have for you and your future........ but you are running out of time.
    That's the fun part of being in a religion! Since it's all made up anyway, if the last chapter of the book didn't turn out to be The End, you just write some more chapters!

It's not failed prophecy; it's a chance to add some new books to the catalog! 😂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree