1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    09 Jan '24 07:39
    If you can access BBC iPlayer, there's a new podcast documentary about the disciples which I recommend for all who are interested in how having a faith drives people to make decisions. And how easily someone can fall deep into (what turns out to be) a cult.
    For anyone who has been to an evangelical church, it's scary listening.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jan '24 20:02
    @yo-its-me said
    If you can access BBC iPlayer, there's a new podcast documentary about the disciples which I recommend for all who are interested in how having a faith drives people to make decisions. And how easily someone can fall deep into (what turns out to be) a cult.
    For anyone who has been to an evangelical church, it's scary listening.
    I think cults in general says more about the weak personality, and ignorance of the devotees, rather than the persuasiveness of the charismatic leader.
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    10 Jan '24 09:37
    @rajk999 said
    I think cults in general says more about the weak personality, and ignorance of the devotees, rather than the persuasiveness of the charismatic leader.
    Then you really should watch the documentary.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jan '24 12:13
    @yo-its-me said
    Then you really should watch the documentary.
    Not really, I dont need to. Maybe in your area you people are susceptible and fall prey to evangelists. Its the same personality who idolize celebrities, billionaires, politicians, and others of high social standing. Most people need someone to look up to. They have a sheep personality. For the faithfull Christian this is supposed to be Jesus Christ, but because he cannot be seen, people instead are drawn to charismatic preachers who for these devotees represent Christ [in their mind], and thereafter they become like clay and can be moulded to do anything.
  5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    10 Jan '24 12:54
    @rajk999 said
    Not really, I dont need to. Maybe in your area you people are susceptible and fall prey to evangelists. Its the same personality who idolize celebrities, billionaires, politicians, and others of high social standing. Most people need someone to look up to. They have a sheep personality. For the faithfull Christian this is supposed to be Jesus Christ, but because he cannot b ...[text shortened]... sent Christ [in their mind], and thereafter they become like clay and can be moulded to do anything.
    That's a very simplistic view of your fellow humans there rajk. And I did notice hte slight you slipped in there.
    Well up to you. If you want to learn things then you'll listen to others and try to understand.
    YouTube
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jan '24 13:40
    @yo-its-me said
    That's a very simplistic view of your fellow humans there rajk. And I did notice hte slight you slipped in there.
    Well up to you. If you want to learn things then you'll listen to others and try to understand.
    https://youtu.be/VWE0qfA7iCg
    Do you realise you did not post something people can look at? Anyway, you should look at the exponential rise in celebrity worship syndrome [apparently thats a new disorder] over the last 30 years. Something has sadly gone wrong with people. Its peoples fault if they allow these stupid evangelical pastors to brainwash them. They are just dumb people. God made a whole lot of them.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jan '24 14:251 edit
    @yo-its-me said
    https://youtu.be/VWE0qfA7iCg
    So I think this is a copy of some of what is contained in your podcast:

Sixteen of the former disciples we interviewed, including Rae, provided first-hand testimony of sexual assault or rape by Joshua. Many say it happened frequently - as much as two to four times a week - for the duration of their time in the compound. Some described violent rapes which left them struggling to breath or bleeding.

Many believed they were the only ones being assaulted and did not dare share what was happening to them with the other disciples, as they were all encouraged to report on each other. According to Victoria, who asked us to change her name for safety reasons, and who spent more than five years in the compound, other sexual assault victims were often hand picked by Joshua from the church congregation.

She says she was picked out while attending the church's Sunday school, and says she was raped in Joshua's private quarters a few months later, after her parents entrusted her into his care. She was then recruited as a resident disciple. Victoria says Joshua ordered some of his most trusted Nigerian disciples to help identify new victims. The group was informally known as the "fishing department" and she says it ultimately coerced her into joining.

What I see here is a bunch of stupid people. The parents of the victims should be jailed, the woman if she is over the age of consent should shut up and make sure she never repeats that mistake. The pastor should be executed, along with all those who assisted in the rape and abuse. The only victim are underage girls, whose parents are to blame.

The only question here is why are people so stupid and reading up on the celebrity worship syndrome one gets some answers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree