Andy Murray

Andy Murray

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
07 Jul 12

First Brit in Wimbledon final for 74 years. Yay! Some sensational play against Tsonga in semis, but Inhave a seeking feeling Federer will simply up his game and regain World No. 1. Don't warm to Murray (quite like the girlfriend).

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jul 12

Originally posted by Pianoman1
First Brit in Wimbledon final for 74 years. Yay! Some sensational play against Tsonga in semis, but Inhave a seeking feeling Federer will simply up his game and regain World No. 1. Don't warm to Murray (quite like the girlfriend).
Like the rest of the partisan low-brow north-of-the-wall haggis-munchers (who are thankfully not representative of their country), the guy is a charmless miserable Anglophobe. I'll be rooting for Fed.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
07 Jul 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Like the rest of the partisan low-brow north-of-the-wall haggis-munchers (who are thankfully not representative of their country), the guy is a charmless miserable Anglophobe. I'll be rooting for Fed.
Is He an Anglophobe or just proud of his Scottish identity? I understand He gets on really well with 'Tigger'.

I will be rooting for Him regardless, Federer's arms must be getting tired from lifting all those Grand Slam trophies.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Jul 12

I used to think that until i heard him on a 5live 'Audience with Andy Murray' show, he came across completely different on that. One thing that struck me was his really odd voice, one minute he was talking in his Scottish accent and then he would flip and talk in a really posh English accent for a sentence and then back to the Scottish. One of the strangest things i've heard. He's grown on me during the last few years, but i'll be rooting for Federer, in my eyes the greatest sportsman of my generation.

rc

Moves
07 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I used to think that until i heard him on a 5live 'Audience with Andy Murray' show, he came across completely different on that. One thing that struck me was his really odd voice, one minute he was talking in his Scottish accent and then he would flip and talk in a really posh English accent for a sentence and then back to the Scottish. One of the years, but i'll be rooting for Federer, in my eyes the greatest sportsman of my generation.
All Scots have two accents, its so you zoobs south of Gretna can understand us! When
will you realise that we speak a different dialect, its called lowland Scots? There is
nothing worse than some spangled angle from Milton Keynes, 'you what jock'. I find
it ultimately ironic that Murry, although being Scottish is good enough to merit being
British but no Scots are good enough to play soccer for team GB. I dont think he will
take a set from Fed, to be honest. Murry will need to play brilliantly and Fed badly for
any chance of a British victory.

rc

Moves
07 Jul 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
Is He an Anglophobe or just proud of his Scottish identity? I understand He gets on really well with 'Tigger'.

I will be rooting for Him regardless, Federer's arms must be getting tired from lifting all those Grand Slam trophies.
your magnanimity is noted.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
07 Jul 12

Latest price to obtain a Men's Final ticket?

US$ 26,000

jEEZ....... When you can get a better view on BBC for nout! πŸ˜€

-m.

p

Moves
07 Jul 12

I heard he popped into the "kings head " pub in Wimbledon for a quick half and was thrown out because it was "happy hour " .
It's funny how the Scots hate the English but want to live and work in England .
I'll be rooting for Federer too .

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
07 Jul 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
your magnanimity is noted.
The underdog for me, wherever they be.

But I am not sure if Federer played well or Djokovic played badly, We shall see.

rc

Moves
07 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by phil3000
I heard he popped into the "kings head " pub in Wimbledon for a quick half and was thrown out because it was "happy hour " .
It's funny how the Scots hate the English but want to live and work in England .
I'll be rooting for Federer too .
no one wants to work and live in England, are you joking, you cannot even drink your
water. In fact go to the highlands of Scotland and there are more English than Scots.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Jul 12

no one wants to work and live in England, are you joking, you cannot even drink your
water. In fact go to the highlands of Scotland and there are more English than Scots.
For a man who claims to despise nationalism you are rather ironically very nationalistic, but then again you are a man of many contradictions.πŸ™‚

rc

Moves
07 Jul 12
2 edits

For a man who claims to despise nationalism you are rather ironically very nationalistic, but then again you are a man of many contradictions.πŸ™‚
That is where you are quite wrong, I want there to be a team GB, made up of members
from the four constituent parts of the UK, I dont like that there is national division, have
I not stated that i would support such a concept? I despise Scottish nationalism as
much as I do English nationalism. I am glad for the English in the highlands, i have
said that they are most welcome to it here and elsewhere, as long as they respect our
cultural traditions and i have met not a a few of them, in fact, the most pleasant and
welcoming were a couple i met from London who had sold up and bought a little cottage
near Dornock, they were awesome.

Moves
07 Jul 12

He's grown on me during the last few years
He's grown up during the last few years. Considering his age, that's not all that surprising, either. But a more mature Murray is certainly not a put-off like the teenage Murray was.

but i'll be rooting for Federer, in my eyes the greatest sportsman of my generation.

So will I. There's just something about the man that's sympathetic.

Richard

Moves
07 Jul 12

Murry will need to play brilliantly and Fed badly for any chance of a British victory.
English victory. English victory, Scots defeat. You know how it goes; this tournament is broadcast by the BBC, not by Ayrshire TV.

Richard

Moves
07 Jul 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
The underdog for me, wherever they be.

But I am not sure if Federer played well or Djokovic played badly, We shall see.
Federer played well. Djoko got a set, remember - and almost got his second, in one game.

Richard