NFL Playoff Prediction Thread

NFL Playoff Prediction Thread

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U

Moves
13 Jan 13

Originally posted by tomtom232
Just shut up bro. You know that's not what I said so stop being a dick.
He's got a valid point. You did give up on them with lots of game left, and when they started mounting an (admittedly impressive) comeback, "Ha! I told you!"

t

Moves
13 Jan 13

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
I'm sorry, I was too busy watching the Seahawks pack their bags and go home for the season.

What were you saying again?
You'll be right there with us after next weekend so smile while you can because its only going to last for a week.

U

Moves
13 Jan 13

You'll be right there with us after next weekend so smile while you can because its only going to last for a week.
Worst case scenario, a week longer than the Seahawks. :p

t

Moves
13 Jan 13
1 edit

He's got a valid point. You did give up on them with lots of game left, and when they started mounting an (admittedly impressive) comeback, "Ha! I told you!"
I didn't give up for one and for two I was referencing what he said about my prediction, the matchups weren't going at all how I thought until the second half.

I said we can still mount a comeback but it doesn't seem to be in the cards, I was cheering them on the whole way, attempting to feed them my energy through the television.

Edit: and I never said ha! I told you either.

U

Moves
13 Jan 13

I didn't give up for one and for two I was referencing what he said about my prediction, the matchups weren't going at all how I thought until the second half.

I said we can still mount a comeback but it doesn't seem to be in the cards, I was cheering them on the whole way, attempting to feed them my energy through the television.

Edit: and I never said ha! I told you either.
I was paraphrasing. I don't doubt you continued to watch, hope and cheer. But your post did clearly indicate pessimism about the outcome (and understandably).

The Hawks turned it into a total nail biter to the very last second, which was way more than I expected partway into the game.

The rivalry between the Niners and Seahawks will be very interesting in the coming years. I admit I took them for granted at first, but they're the real deal.

Sh**'s gonna git REAL!

t

Moves
13 Jan 13
1 edit

I was paraphrasing. I don't doubt you continued to watch, hope and cheer. But your post did clearly indicate pessimism about the outcome (and understandably).

The Hawks turned it into a total nail biter to the very last second, which was way more than I expected partway into the game.

The rivalry between the Niners and Seahawks will be ver ...[text shortened]... admit I took them for granted at first, but they're the real deal.

Sh**'s gonna git REAL!
Yeah, the niners probably do win next week. The hawks for some reason came out lame the last two weeks, maybe believing their own hype? I don't know but I expect the niners to put together a complete game and get a win.

The funny thing is that Russel Wilson had a better day than Matt Ryan, it gives me hope when I see our rookie qb completely take the offense on his back and carries the team to a comeback. If only he would have done so in the first half! I was really confused by a lot of the calls by pete, I mean we could have gotten 6 pts in that first half but we muffed it both chances.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Jan 13
1 edit

Current Standings through week 2

Bolty........................6-2

Ullr...........................6-2

Shortcircuit...............6-2

Zamboner.................5-3

Moon1969.................5-3

Tomtom232...............5-3

RBHill........................5-3

scacchipazzo.............4-4

No1maurader.............4-4

Grampy Bobby...........1-7

Note:

whodey was 3-1 in week one but did not pick in week two.

USArmyParatrooper was 3-1 in week one but did not pick in week two.

Smookie was 2-2 in week one but did not pick in week two.

t

Moves
14 Jan 13

This is tough. I really think the Niners should beat the Falcons, but I also thought my Hawks should as well even without bias but the Niners showed that they can show up in the first two quarters as well as the last two and the Falcons have troubles with mobile QBs... CK is a better rusher than Wilson but if they contain him can he hurt them through the air like Wilson did in the second half? I know paratrooper would disagree but CK just isn't as saavy a passer as RW and I think he'll throw a pick or two before the game is over that will have a impact on the game and the 49ers showed a penchant to lose big after winning big this year and they have yet to string a nice win streak together so I'm going to pick the Falcons to represent the NFC.

This one is simpler, the Ravens always give the Pats trouble so I'm going to pick the Ravens in the upset again.

Falcons vs Ravens in the superbowl, so even though the seahawks didn't make it at least it will be some species of bird that wins this year.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
14 Jan 13

I will pick the Pats because they have only lost twice in the history of their matches against the ravens and they will not lose to them twice in one season.

I will pick the 49ers because of their awesome QB.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Jan 13

I am going to pick the Patriots because they may be the best "team" in the NFL.

I am also going to go with the 49'ers in the NFC.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
14 Jan 13

Originally posted by shortcircuit
I am going to pick the Patriots because they may be the best "team" in the NFL.

I am also going to go with the 49'ers in the NFC.
Now if they both lose then tomtom232 will be a game up on you.

Moves
14 Jan 13

I'll take the Pats and 49ers.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Jan 13

The Ravens are looking like a Team of Destiny. There's no way you should be able to hit a 70 yard TD pass with 30 seconds left against one of the league's best defenses but they did. Baltimore matches up very well with New England barely lost to them last year in the AFC Championship Game (dropped pass in the end zone and then a missed FG) and beat them earlier in the year. I think Flacco can exploit the Pat's secondary and the Ravens can pressure Brady. Baltimore in an upset.

The 49ers ran up the yards and the score against a GB defense that didn't seem to realize that a QB was allowed to run by the rules of professional football. The Falcon defense melted down late after stuffing Seattle most of the game (the Seahawks offensive weakness in the red zone bit them big time). Everything says San Fran should win.

So I'm taking Matty Ice who always seems to come up big at home.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Jan 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
Now if they both lose then tomtom232 will be a game up on you.
If that happens, then he picked better than I did.

Moves
14 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
The Ravens are looking like a Team of Destiny. There's no way you should be able to hit a 70 yard TD pass with 30 seconds left against one of the league's best defenses but they did. Baltimore matches up very well with New England barely lost to them last year in the AFC Championship Game (dropped pass in the end zone and then a missed FG) and beat them should win.

So I'm taking Matty Ice who always seems to come up big at home.
It's true they should have beaten them in the AFC Championship last year even though the "dropped pass" was not a drop but was broken up by the defender. The Pats should have beaten the Ravens this year and lost also by missing an easy FG just like the Ravens did in last years AFCCG.

One reason I take the Pats in this one is their defense is better than it was both in last years AFCCG and in their first meetup this year and their offense is more dynamic with much greater threat of a run than last year. The Pats are just a better overall team than the Ravens are used to seeing the past few years.