Tyson vs. Roy Jones

Tyson vs. Roy Jones

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
07 Aug 20

They're apparently set to fight in September:

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/mike-tyson-vs-roy-jones-jr-fight-card-rules-ppv-price-date-and-things-to-know-for-the-exhibition-match/

I think Jones will destroy Tyson. People think Mike is the same guy from late 80's/early 90's. He's 54 compared to Jones' 51, and Roy has been consistently fighting the last few years, with his last fight in being 2018, Tyson's last being in 2006.

If this is a real fight where both are trying to knock each other out, Roy should win this easily.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Aug 20
1 edit

@vivify said

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/mike-tyson-vs-roy-jones-jr-fight-card-rules-ppv-price-date-and-things-to-know-for-the-exhibition-match/

I think Jones will destroy Tyson. People think Mike is the same guy from late 80's/early 90's. He's 54 compared to Jones' 51, and Roy has been consistently fighting the last few yea ...[text shortened]...
If this is a real fight where both are trying to knock each other out, Roy should win this easily.
Nah Tyson will crush that little fellow. There are weight classes for a reason.

EDIT - Now that I look at their stats they are closer to being the same size than I thought.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
09 Aug 20

@vivify said

I think Jones will destroy Tyson. People think Mike is the same guy from late 80's/early 90's. He's 54 compared to Jones' 51, and Roy has been consistently fighting the last few yea ...[text shortened]...
I don't know of anyone who would seriously think that Tyson is the same guy he was decades ago
a single punch from either could end the fight
I look for a lot of clinching and resting
heaving breathing and a TKO

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Aug 20

@lemondrop said
I don't know of anyone who would seriously think that Tyson is the same guy he was decades ago
a single punch from either could end the fight
I look for a lot of clinching and resting
heaving breathing and a TKO
Your right.
Two men in their 50s swinging at each other.
Either a lucky punch or stamina will decide it.

k

Moves
31 Aug 20

Tyson is 50yo but still strong and skilled.
I think he is the winner in this fight!

Falkbeer

Moves
02 Sep 20

Tyson gasses out and loses in round 3. TKO.

rain

Moves
04 Sep 20

@vivify said
They're apparently set to fight in September
I don't why I said September. The fight is in November.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
05 Sep 20

@vivify said
I don't why I said September. The fight is in November.
It was postponed, original date was September.