1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 17:18
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/09/20/curtain-reviews-come-down-on-taxpayer-funded-climate-change-musical/

Apparently the government has funded a musical about global warming that costs tax payers around $700,000. Funny thing is, it's so bad it will never see the light of day.

Why is there the need to do musicals in order to sell the notion that global warming is destroying the earth? The facts should stand on their own merits, or has the government given up on education as well?

This is just more evidence that the whole thing is pure poo.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 18:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/09/20/curtain-reviews-come-down-on-taxpayer-funded-climate-change-musical/

Apparently the government has funded a musical about global warming that costs tax payers around $700,000. Funny thing is, it's so bad it will never see the light of day.

Why is there the need to do musicals in order to sell the notion that g ...[text shortened]... t given up on education as well?

Hey now, just because you think taking public funding and putting it into funding the arts is a misuse of public funds, that doesn't mean that it is. Public funds can be used to fund anything an elected politicians wants to fund. If the politician was elected the politician must be doing the will of the people. There is no such thing as a misuse of public funds so you better keep your mouth shut buddy.

Keep it up and I'll have to report you to the government.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 18:44
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Hey now, just because you think taking public funding and putting it into funding the arts is a misuse of public funds, that doesn't mean that it is. Public funds can be used to fund anything an elected politicians wants to fund. If the politician was elected the politician must be doing the will of the people. There is no such thing as a misuse of public ...[text shortened]... better keep your mouth shut buddy.

Keep it up and I'll have to report you to the government.
    I just don't know why the government would fund something artistic unless they were blaspheming Christ.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 18:52

Why is there the need to do musicals in order to sell the notion that g ...[text shortened]... t given up on education as well?

I knew that singing nuns were too good to be true.
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 19:14
    I think this tells you more about the informational value of Fox News than anything else.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 19:36
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I think this tells you more about the informational value of Fox News than anything else.
    Why not write a government funded musical about it to try and get your view across?
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 01:04

Once again Whodey shows us how much smarter he is than the scientific community! 🙄🙄🙄
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 02:36
    Originally posted by bill718
    Once again Whodey shows us how much smarter he is than the scientific community! 🙄🙄🙄
    I think they have realized the error of their ways.

Even though they have proven climate change without a shadow of a doubt scientifically, they realize that the American public schools system comes in 48th in the world, so now they need to get out the message some other way.

I think a musical is a mistake, however. Most Americans probably don't even know what a musical is. Maybe Miley Cyrus needs to get out the message by doing another sleezy video. This will help reach the Obama voters the most.

As far as climate change goes, I wish the world would return to the natural no climate change status. Those were the days.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 07:04

Don't know anything about musicals...

However, are you suggesting the climate isn't changing?
    Are you seriously suggesting that???
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 07:59

refresh my memory, what did you spend in iraq?
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 08:14
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    refresh my memory, what did you spend in iraq?
    You think because 'X' was wrong that makes A, B, C, D .... ok?

🙄
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 11:081 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Don't know anything about musicals...

However, are you suggesting the climate isn't changing?
    Are you seriously suggesting that???
    The climate has always changed Shav.

It's like trying to sell the notion that the sky is blue. It's blue, but not because of what any of us have to do with it.

I concede that living organisms have some effect on the never changing weather. For example, dino's created more cabon emissions than humans. Did their passing gas kill them all off? I've not heard a scientist suggest this, yet they expect me to believe we will kill ourselves doing much of the same?

To date, solutions from political leaders around the world really don't address the dangers they would like us to believe. Cap and trade does little, if anything, to substantially curb carbon emissions according to their own admissions.

Instead, cap and trade is just another creation of a "big pot of money" created by political leaders around the world, at our expense.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 11:36
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    You think because 'X' was wrong that makes A, B, C, D .... ok?

🙄
    no reason. i was requesting an information.

i want to be reminded how much the war in iraq cost.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 12:23
    Originally posted by bill718
    The Earth is melting. What a world, what a world. :'(
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 13:05
    I think they have realized the error of their ways.

Even though they have proven climate change without a shadow of a doubt scientifically, they realize that the American public schools system comes in 48th in the world, so now they need to get out the message some other way.

I think a musical is a mistake, however. Most Americans probably don't even ...[text shortened]... es, I wish the world would return to the natural no climate change status. Those were the days.
    Yep, the good ol' days.

Back when factories could belch out pollution until the acid rain started eating away their cars and their workers started dying off from the cancer.

Those good ol' days?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree