More climate change propaganda

More climate change propaganda

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
09 Oct 14

Originally posted by normbenign
You misrepresent my claim. It was that the majority of scientists were resistant to change. The general public went along with the majority just as it does today.
Your post said:
It has quite often been the case that scientists are the last ones to alter their views to minority data.

If you wrote something you didn't mean to, then just say you got it wrong. But don't accuse me of misrepresenting your claim when it is right there for all to see.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
10 Oct 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
Your post said:
It has quite often been the case that scientists are the last ones to alter their views to minority data.

If you wrote something you didn't mean to, then just say you got it wrong. But don't accuse me of misrepresenting your claim when it is right there for all to see.
"Your claim was that scientists were the last ones to alter their views. You need to provide an example of a scientific finding for which the general public changed their views before the majority of scientists did."

I never claimed that the general public preceded the scientific community in accepting new ideas, although sometime it does. My point which I still am trying to make is that scientists often cling to false notions, when other scientists have discovered revolutionary ideas.

I don't see any proof that isn't as true now as in the past.

Cape Town

Moves
10 Oct 14

Originally posted by normbenign
I never claimed that the general public preceded the scientific community in accepting new ideas,
Yes, you did. Read your own post. Or is English not your first language?