Originally posted by Kewpie
    Anyone want one? Pick your topic. πŸ™‚
    Kate Bush
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 20:16
    There are SO MANY great topics in here to choose from. Your thread is really not specific enough...
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 22:45
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Anyone want one? Pick your topic. πŸ™‚
    Celebrating a 20th Wedding Anniversary by visiting Italy for ten days... tips, suggested attractions, precautions?
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 00:42
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Celebrating a 20th Wedding Anniversary by visiting Italy for ten days... tips, suggested attractions, precautions?
    Stay there and cancel your internet contract.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 00:59
    Originally posted by Kegge
    Stay there and cancel your internet contract.
    Hi, Kegge. My son Eric and his wife celebrate their 20th Wedding Anniversary in Italy mid April.
    Venice, Florence and Rome are three cities on the itinerary. Any others you'd recommend?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 11:141 edit
    visit the pope
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 11:46
    Tip: Cinque Terra

http://www.cinqueterreonline.com/

Precaution: never leave your luggage unattended. Keep your wallet invisible and in front of you at all times, e.g., in a pouch on a cord around your neck under your shirt.

Be prepared to walk up and down steps; it's hilly there.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 11:49
    Originally posted by redbarons
    visit the pope
    A Private Tour (before regular visitor hours) of the Vatican is already on their itinerary. Thanks.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 11:52
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Tip: Cinque Terra

http://www.cinqueterreonline.com/

Precaution: never leave your luggage unattended. Keep your wallet invisible and in front of you at all times, e.g., in a pouch on a cord around your neck under your shirt.

Be prepared to walk up and down steps; it's hilly there.
    moonbus, I'll call Eric this weekend with your tip and precaution. On their behalf, thank you.
  11. In the ****
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 12:17
    Hi, Kegge. My son Eric and his wife celebrate their 20th Wedding Anniversary in Italy mid April.
    Venice, Florence and Rome are three cities on the itinerary. Any others you'd recommend?
    The following is my opinion based on my experience.

Venice: The gondolas are very expensive. If it is something you feel you must do then try and arrange to share with others and be prepared to haggle.
    Do not sit at any of the cafes in St. Mark's Square or you may need a bank loan to setttle the bill!

Florence: Watch out for the Gypsies. They target the tourists like nowhere else I have visited. They send their little children (below the age of criminal responsibility) to rifle through your pockets and they are difficult to stop; what can you do? you can't hit a little kid. Do not let this put you off Florence which is a wonderful city; standing in front of Michelangelo's 'David' is awesome.

Rome: The Eternal City - Magnificent.
  12. In the ****
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 22:08
    Oh, by the way, if you're intent on seeing the leaning tower of Pisa, it is interesting but Pisa has nothing else to get excited about; in fact it is a bit tacky.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 22:12
    Originally posted by Rene-Claude
    Oh, by the way, if you're intent on seeing the leaning tower of Pisa, it is interesting but Pisa has nothing else to get excited about; in fact it is a bit tacky.
    Ok, Rene; I'll pass the caution along to my son.
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 16:01
    Lucca is a nice enough city (a bit away from Pisa) with a complete ancient city wall and a pittoreque old city.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 16:222 edits
    You can easily travel from Florence to Lucca and then to Pisa by train. We stayed in a small hotel in Lucca. The sights in Lucca and Pisa are easy walks from their train stations.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree