2009-12-07 Outage update

2009-12-07 Outage update

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Dec 09
1 edit

The following message has been broadcast to all users :

Please accept our apologies over the recent site outage. We have worked to return the service as promptly as possible.

There are still some outstanding issues :

Please note that from today some games will be reporting an incomplete history.

We will be fixing this for many games over the coming week. Once this process is complete, we will post to the site announcements forum. Please do not send feedback about individual games.

Some games that had moves over the weekend of 2009-12-05 to 2009-12-06 will still be reported as incomplete even once we have replaced all known moves though. A further announcement about this will be made once the full situation has been assessed.

Despite our investment in redundant hardware, a failing disc on our primary database resulted in a catalog of events over a couple of days which has left us with some move history data lost. This is very unfortunate, we have only had one similar event in the past, and we are quite proud of that record.

All I can say is sorry to everyone affected, lessons have been learnt and we will hope to avoid a similar situation in the future.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Dec 09
1 edit

Timeouts will remain suspened for another 48 hours.

N
Lippy Brat

Moves
07 Dec 09

Naughty, naughty monkey!
No bananas for you!

r

Moves
07 Dec 09

k

Moves
07 Dec 09

Originally posted by Russ
Timeouts will remain suspened for another 48 hours.
Does it mean, the clock is not ticking. Or does it mean, exhausted timebanks cannot be (immediately) claimed right now, but at next opportunity?

Yours,
Kay

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Dec 09
2 edits

Originally posted by kayhayen
Does it mean, the clock is not ticking. Or does it mean, exhausted timebanks cannot be (immediately) claimed right now, but at next opportunity?

Yours,
Kay
You will not be able to click a skull untill the 48hrs. is up...Well you can click on it all you want but nothing will happen. :'( :'(

Not so bad though, those are usually the games you have won anyways, and reason your opponent isn't moving. 😉

Hy-Brasil

Moves
07 Dec 09

I have noticed my in game message log is not correct since this outage. Either the post are deleted or messages my opponent gave it shows me as saying them.
I dont know if thats all that big a deal but I thought I should mention it.

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
07 Dec 09

Originally posted by Russ
The following message has been broadcast to all users :

[quote]
Please accept our apologies over the recent site outage. We have worked to return the service as promptly as possible.

There are still some outstanding issues :

Please note that from today some games will be reporting an incomplete history.

We will be fixing this for many games ove ...[text shortened]... affected, lessons have been learnt and we will hope to avoid a similar situation in the future.
It's the gremlins of chess master's pasts!!

h

Moves
07 Dec 09

Ruzz Rulezz

RJ

Moves
07 Dec 09

Originally posted by Very Rusty
You will not be able to click a skull untill the 48hrs. is up...Well you can click on it all you want but nothing will happen. :'( :'(

Not so bad though, those are usually the games you have won anyways, and reason your opponent isn't moving. 😉
I have a skull available now and due to a Crisis won't be here in 48hrs and maybe not a few days after that. Plenty of time for my opponent to show up, make one of his few remaining moves then click me out. Bah!

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
07 Dec 09

Originally posted by Robin Johnson
I have a skull available now and due to a Crisis won't be here in 48hrs and maybe not a few days after that. Plenty of time for my opponent to show up, make one of his few remaining moves then click me out. Bah!
So use some vacation time.

h

Moves
07 Dec 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
So use some vacation time.
But he's a
non-sub scumbag

R

The Smoke

Moves
07 Dec 09
2 edits

Originally posted by heinzkat
But he's a ....
look who's talking

C

Earth Prime

Moves
08 Dec 09

When should we know if I won't ever get the game history from my games?

I just played a great one. Would suck if we didn't have it in the records.

Also, my message log is also not present.

to

Moves
08 Dec 09

I just thought I should publically congratulate Russ on the Twitter updates.

I didn't know RHP had a twitter, and it was really useful to see them to understand the state of play during this most recent outage.

Cheers guys 🙂