2009-12-07 Outage update

2009-12-07 Outage update

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
08 Dec 09

Problems with the message log that some people are reporting are related to the missing game moves.

Further updates about this later today.

Far side of crazy...

Moves
08 Dec 09

Surely when an outage occurs, time should stop..... I'm running a 100 game load at a reasonable rating level. Before the outage I had zero games on time-bank, but now I have heaps and i'm way behind the eight-ball.... I'm not happy, in fact I will leave RHP if this problem cannot be addressed for future outages which will inevietably take place. A 48hr time-out ban won't help me as it will take at least a week to get back anywhere near the game-managemet plan that I had in place before this outage. I want an answer to this please Russ, as I will now surely lose games simply by virtue of time pressure through no fault of my own.....

a
Brian Hugh Warner

On top

Moves
08 Dec 09

Originally posted by theundertaker
Surely when an outage occurs, time should stop..... I'm running a 100 game load at a reasonable rating level. Before the outage I had zero games on time-bank, but now I have heaps and i'm way behind the eight-ball.... I'm not happy, in fact I will leave RHP if this problem cannot be addressed for future outages which will inevietably take place. A 48 ...[text shortened]... will now surely lose games simply by virtue of time pressure through no fault of my own.....
Think faster.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
08 Dec 09

Surely when an outage occurs, time should stop..... I'm running a 100 game load at a reasonable rating level. Before the outage I had zero games on time-bank, but now I have heaps and i'm way behind the eight-ball.... I'm not happy, in fact I will leave RHP if this problem cannot be addressed for future outages which will inevietably take place. A 48 ...[text shortened]... will now surely lose games simply by virtue of time pressure through no fault of my own.....
How could an outage lasting a few hours screw you up so much unless you are running loads of 1/0 games?

Even then, you have a 48 hour timeout grace period, so have 24 hours more to make the moves in these games than normal.

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
08 Dec 09

I run on average 100+ games and at no time could a 1 day outage suddenly run me behind. Sorry but your argument doesn't seem to be a valid one.

H

Moves
08 Dec 09

Don't worry be happy, it's only a game 😉

There are people in the world, who have really a problem - don't know, how to survive the day until tomorrow.

W

Moves
08 Dec 09

I feel exactly the same! I have joined RHP recently and basically from the start I couldn't claim, even though the person hasn't played for quite some time! It is wasting our time and space and if you don't want to play - resign!!!!!!!!!

Moves
08 Dec 09

So much negativity! Well I for one enjoy the site, even at times where I see my rating plummet. I appreciate the admins quick response to the problem and I believe a 48 hour cushion is more than enough.

Thanks for everything.

Moves
09 Dec 09

Right on Hany3!!! He is being a crybaby.

F

Moves
09 Dec 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Russ
Problems with the message log that some people are reporting are related to the missing game moves.

Further updates about this later today.
The skull is there, has been there for four whole days (and a few hours). When is skulling possible again?
Haven't they been rewarded enough because of the imfamous outage?

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
09 Dec 09
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
The skull is there, has been there for four whole days (and a few hours). When is skulling possible again?
Haven't they been rewarded enough because of the imfamous outage?
I guess 48 hours after Russ posted:

07 Dec '09 13:12 :: 0 recommendations
"Timeouts will remain suspened for another 48 hours."
So 12:12 GMT time today (9 dec).

This answer was in this very thread you posted in...

Far side of crazy...

Moves
09 Dec 09

Moves
09 Dec 09

Take a one week vacation. That will give you all the time you need with no time loses.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
09 Dec 09

Timeouts will remain suspened for another 48 hours.
Timeouts are now active again.

h

Moves
09 Dec 09

Timeouts are now active again.
SKULLZ 😵😵😵😵