1. Joined
    06 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 May '07 12:19
    copying a pgn after playing a blitz game doesn't seem to work... at least CMX doesn't open the game...
  2. Joined
    27 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 May '07 13:08
    Simply perfect...I get the feel that blitz is the warm-up to the real stuff. I think this will catch on quickly and grow as it evolves. Super job!
  3. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    13 May '07 22:41
    Excellent addition!

Just one thing I noticed - my opponent timed out but the win was not awarded to me. The game just stopped and if I exit it warns me that I will forfeit the game...
  4. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    14 May '07 14:16
    After playing quite a bit, both here and at uchess.com, I think the easiest most useful addition would be a rematch button. It's frustrating to agree on a rematch only top have a third party accept the offered game. Directed offers would be ideal, but it seems like just adding a rematch button to the game play screen would be easy and almost as useful.
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    14 May '07 14:42
    Originally posted by robscullion
    After playing quite a bit, both here and at uchess.com, I think the easiest most useful addition would be a rematch button. It's frustrating to agree on a rematch only top have a third party accept the offered game. Directed offers would be ideal, but it seems like just adding a rematch button to the game play screen would be easy and almost as useful.
    I agree, though the site should swap the colours automatically. 😉
  6. U.S.A.
    Moves
    19 May '07 16:2913 edits
    Helpful Suggestions?:

1. What do you think about also having outside chat available?
    (A good example of that is pogo.com's chess blitz site. There is an ignore feature for negative players and report button for trouble makers that are harrassing people.)

2. Also a good idea i think, would be when i have an open blitz game available and someone joins in; it would show the person's rating that is asking for a game with me. That way I'd know what i was getting into and whether i really wanted to accept or not.
    ( For example, On pogo.com when you have an open board and someone joins and it says something like "Pavlo43 (1800) is requesting a game. Would you like to accept this game?" )

3. I'd love it if we had the choice of playing a rated or unrated chess game. I think it would be cool if our correspondence rating wasn't affected by our blitz games though.

4. What do you think about a "boot" feature?
    Like if there is someone watching our game and they are making mean comments, telling my opponent what moves to make or something I can just press "boot" and it will kick them out of our game.

5. What do you think about adding a profile page for our blitz record too? Like it would show what opponents we beat and in what time controls. Our win/loss blitz chess record,etc.?

6. A rematch button if we are enjoying our game with an opponent or friend and want to play them again?
    ================================================

I love how you can copy the pgn here on rhp blitz.
    Pogo.com or yahoo unfortunately don't do all that.

I love how there is sound in the game, that there are no lame 1 minute games, that it shows all the players that are there, the pgn. feature, being able to chose to play as black or white, etc,etc,etc.

Great work so far, by the way guys! Rhp is the coolest! 🙂

-- Paul
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 May '07 05:49
    allow observers to watch.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 May '07 09:311 edit
    Originally posted by Pavlo87

1. What do you think about also having outside chat available?
    (A good example of that is pogo.com's chess blitz site. There is an ignore feature for negative players and report button for trouble makers that are harrassing people.)

2. Also a good idea i think, would be when i have an open blitz game available and someo tc,etc,etc.

Great work so far, by the way guys! Rhp is the coolest! 🙂

-- Paul
    Lots more work to do still on the Blitz feature, and because people are fairly keen for it to be expanded, it will be. No ETA for these features though because I am entering a very busy period shortly.

-Russ
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 May '07 17:36
    Originally posted by Russ
    Lots more work to do still on the Blitz feature, and because people are fairly keen for it to be expanded, it will be. No ETA for these features though because I am entering a very busy period shortly.

-Russ
    waiting patiently (tap, tap, tap) . .. is it done yet?

How about now? Not yet? Why not?

still waiting here . .no rush . .. . .

now?
  10. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '07 04:501 edit
    Hmmm... an odd thing just happened. After playing a game and agreeing to a draw my opponent exited. But when I tried to exit I couldn't. The EXIT icon didn't work and the only way I could get out was to close the window.
  11. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    22 May '07 10:39
    Originally posted by Arrakis
    Hmmm... an odd thing just happened. After playing a game and agreeing to a draw my opponent exited. But when I tried to exit I couldn't. The EXIT icon didn't work and the only way I could get out was to close the window.
    I had a similar thing happen on uchess the other day. My opponent timed out but when i tried to leave the game it told me i'd forfeit the game. In the end i had to forfeit and lose grade even though i'd won!
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 May '07 13:52
    This is why I am reluctant to add ratings right now (and I could just switch them on) until most of these gremlins are removed.

-Russ
  13. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '07 19:142 edits
    Originally posted by Russ
    This is why I am reluctant to add ratings right now (and I could just switch them on) until most of these gremlins are removed.

-Russ
    I think everyone would be willing to accept these glitches in order to see a blitz rating. That would be so cool.
    I suspect that a lot of people rated over 1800 here can't play blitz. 🙂
  14. Standard membermochiron
    The Don
    Nihon
    Moves
    22 May '07 21:02
    Originally posted by Arrakis
    I think everyone would be willing to accept these glitches in order to see a blitz rating. That would be so cool.
    I suspect that a lot of people rated over 1800 here can't play blitz. 🙂
    well. I am a crappy 12-1300 and I beat three players over 1700 in five minute blitz. ..no time for books or data bases to consult....
  15. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '07 22:47
    Originally posted by mochiron
    well. I am a crappy 12-1300 and I beat three players over 1700 in five minute blitz. ..no time for books or data bases to consult....
    My point exactly. You wouldn't believe how many 1800+ players here are really only 12-1300 OTB.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree