1. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 May '07 13:56
    Isn't this blitz version just a copy of uchess, but without grades?
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    24 May '07 21:42
    Originally posted by wedgehead2
    Isn't this blitz version just a copy of uchess, but without grades?
    Well spotted wedgehead2!
  3. Joined
    11 May '05
    Moves
    25 May '07 00:44
    When I play around the 20th move or so an problem with internet explorer occurs and it says something about an add on. I have played 3 times and around the same time this occurs. I do not know if it is just my computer or I have to change a setting to allow something. Has this occured to anyone else? This is just something that has been occurring and must get really annoying for people I am playing against
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    25 May '07 04:59
    Originally posted by friendlyneighbor14
    When I play around the 20th move or so an problem with internet explorer occurs and it says something about an add on. I have played 3 times and around the same time this occurs. I do not know if it is just my computer or I have to change a setting to allow something. Has this occured to anyone else? This is just something that has been occurring and must get really annoying for people I am playing against
    not a problem with my games
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    25 May '07 21:46
    Now, when is the Blitz icon getting restyled to match the others?
  6. Joined
    11 May '05
    Moves
    26 May '07 01:24
    I am not sure what you mean.
    I tried again today and I was able to finish a game so I do not know what the problem was
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 22:47
    thanks for the news !
  8. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 21:24
    Definatly agree with the bigger board suggestion. I normally get beaten terribly on uChess and I like to think that part of that is due to board size...
  9. Under ur ChessBoard!
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 13:43
    How come it doesn't recognize a draw by 3-fold repetition? I just finished one blitz game where I lost because we repeated the position for like 30 sec until I ran out of time
  10. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 03:51
    Originally posted by Restless Soul
    How come it doesn't recognize a draw by 3-fold repetition? I just finished one blitz game where I lost because we repeated the position for like 30 sec until I ran out of time
    the games aren't rated .. . if you repeated 3 times and knew it, you had a draw . .you didn't lose . not even on time . . .. .
  11. Under ur ChessBoard!
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 10:51
    Originally posted by coquette
    the games aren't rated .. . if you repeated 3 times and knew it, you had a draw . .you didn't lose . not even on time . . .. .
    yeah but its the thought that counts...especially since the other player didn't except draw offers..
  12. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 20:08
    yeah but its the thought that counts...especially since the other player didn't except draw offers..
    exactly. . .that is the point . . it's only "the thought" that counts. . .there is no residual effect, right?
  13. U.S.A.
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 01:079 edits

Originally posted by coquette
    Yeah thankfully they are not rated yet, huh? That would have really been annoying if you lost some points as well; especially to someone who did not earn it. Hopefully this is fixed before rhp gets rated.
    ================================================

ha,ha. This reminds me of a blitz game i played on here where my opponent has like 30 seconds left and he keeps offering me draw after draw but I kept rejecting till his clock ran out. Kinda funny that he wouldn't just resign it even though he wouldn't lose any points. Maybe it was a pride thing with him?? 🙂 lol

-- Paul

p.s.

I know i could have accepted(draw) and it wouldn't affect my rating but it seemed kinda insulting that he would offer it. Like i was too dumb to figure out i was winning or something. And that made me even less willing to accept. If he said it nicely and gave a good reason i probably would have accepted, though. 🙂
  14. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 06:58
    Can someone explain what the little icons mean that are next to the names of people in the waiting room?

Thanks
  15. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 10:31
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Can someone explain what the little icons mean that are next to the names of people in the waiting room?

Thanks
    One answer here:

Thread 68810

Another here:

Thread 70422

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree