Cheating Accusations

Cheating Accusations

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
the walrus

an English garden

Moves
11 Jan 09

idiot mod removed my post even though i didnt name names. well, it is tough to spot a cheater unless you have a lot of time and the latest version of fritz. If you do, you can run their games through it and look at the matchup percentages.

r

Moves
17 Jan 09

Originally posted by Aristolle
The unspoken rules of the game have changed from when I started playing the game 24 years ago People no longer respect the old code of honor postal chess players followed for decades.

CC Chess is sadly a hollow shell of what it once was.
i myself have always been a hollow shell. nice to play a game where i fit in.

M

Moves
19 Jan 09

Originally posted by reinfeld
i myself have always been a hollow shell.
I thought you were a straw man ...

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
25 Jan 09

Originally posted by Eldaveer
I am not a cheater, but I think I can give a reasoned explanation for what's going on with them. It's an ego trip. Some people have a strong need to feel one-up on others. It's a need for power.

Have you ever heard of Dr. William Glasser's theory of the five human needs? Essentially, according to Glasser, people choose to do behave as they do based u ...[text shortened]... power over you, even if it is illegitimate power. When they can't win fairly, they cheat.
It's been a long time since anyone's mentioned Dr Glasser that I can recall.
I read his 'Reality Therapy' when I was a kid, at the recommendation of my
tennis coach.

Thanks for the blast from the past.

Nemesio

H

Moves
30 Jan 09
1 edit

Hi together,

I am a little startled, when I heard the the easiliy words about banning user from this side, because of cheating.
Have anyone see it with his eyes or noticed it that he/she can say it to 100% (not 99,99999% and round it to 100% ) that one of this user are a cheater. Only when one user is banned, because he is not a cheater, it is a like a big bang.
By the way I hate cheating, too.
Who from you had read the book lord of th rings or had seen the film. Gandalf said an important thing: Don't be easy with the death to somebody when you cannot ressurect somebody.

Jürgen

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
30 Jan 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Eldaveer
I am not a cheater, but I think I can give a reasoned explanation for what's going on with them. It's an ego trip. Some people have a strong need to feel one-up on others. It's a need for power.

Have you ever heard of Dr. William Glasser's theory of the five human needs? Essentially, according to Glasser, people choose to do behave as they do based u ...[text shortened]... power over you, even if it is illegitimate power. When they can't win fairly, they cheat.
I think that this applies to some of them, but you are talking about chess players who get tempted or think their opponent is cheating and start using engines for that reason.

I think a lot of the more blatant cheats are second lifers who are role playing. Their character is a strong chess player who is moving up the ranks etc. This is why their chess knowledge is so faulty whenever they post in the forums. They are role playing, so banning them isn´t really a punishment as it simply adds to the drama. So don´t feel any sympathy for them, they should role play on a role playing site.

H

Moves
01 Feb 09
1 edit

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
01 Feb 09

not wanting to stir, but to save anyone clicking on every stoopid round of the tourny, this guy's in group 79!

that's 6 minutes of my life i'll never see again.

M

Moves
02 Feb 09

Having looked at the profile in question, I'd consider it worthy of a fair play ticket.

Moves
02 Feb 09

Guys
Please read the first post in the thread. The information given lets anyone identify the accused.