1. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 22:57
    Originally posted by orion25
    what happens if your subscription expires?
    please russ, answer this question. Will you be automatically be removed from the ladder, or will you be given some time to resubscribe?
  2. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 04:41
    Originally posted by adalia bipunctata
    I like the idea of the ladder and have entered a couple. I only heard about this new feature when I logged on today and read my messages. the message was sent yesterday. But I see from the lists that some players joined the ladders over a week ago 🙁 How come they heard of it before the rest of us ???
    this seems a bit unfair.. or did I miss a previous announcement somewhere?
    yea they talked about this in the 'site ideas' forum they had a thread there Thread 117832
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 07:09
    Originally posted by adalia bipunctata
    I like the idea of the ladder and have entered a couple. I only heard about this new feature when I logged on today and read my messages. the message was sent yesterday. But I see from the lists that some players joined the ladders over a week ago 🙁 How come they heard of it before the rest of us ???
    this seems a bit unfair.. or did I miss a previous announcement somewhere?
    It's still in testing, when it's up all those who have enlisted will be sorted by rating, so whether or not you heard about it makes no difference. If you want to know what's going on around the site read the Announcements and Site Ideas forums regularly.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 09:17
    You will not be removed from the ladder when your sub expires. (Not right away, anyway.)

Just for the record, we don't penalise anyone for letting their sub expire in this way – there should always be time to renew without penalty.
  5. Joined
    03 Nov '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 17:54
    The help is good, but I see it didn't address how many spots above your position you can challenge someone. Is that still undecided?
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 18:18
    Originally posted by Jasen777
    The help is good, but I see it didn't address how many spots above your position you can challenge someone. Is that still undecided?
    I thought it was one above & one below
  7. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 18:58
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I thought it was one above & one below
    it says you can chalenge one out of 20 above your position on the ladders page
  8. Joined
    03 Nov '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 19:11
    Here http://www.redhotpawn.com/ladder/index.php it says ten actually. It should be added to the Help : ladders then.
  9. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 21:15
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/ladder/ladder.php?ladderid=3

"Challenge an opponent within 20 positions of your own to start a game."
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 21:23
    Originally posted by orion25
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/ladder/ladder.php?ladderid=3

"Challenge an opponent within 20 positions of your own to start a game."
    That was a bug. It should be ten. (Now fixed.)
  11. Joined
    17 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 19:28
    Will there be Forums, Ladders ?
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:34
    Last call for this! Starting tomorrow.
  13. Joined
    23 Sep '09
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 10:52
    Apologies if this is posted elsewhere (I have had a look throught the ladders FAQ, but it's more than possible that I missed something), but can you confirm how timeouts will work in Ladder games? Will it be as a normal game, or automatic like a tournament game?

Thanks
  14. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 11:00
    Originally posted by DanielCoomber
    Apologies if this is posted elsewhere (I have had a look throught the ladders FAQ, but it's more than possible that I missed something), but can you confirm how timeouts will work in Ladder games? Will it be as a normal game, or automatic like a tournament game?

Thanks
    Good question, I dont think this is listed anywhere.

If there hasnt been any thought on this yet i suggest to make the timeouts work as they do in tournament games. Since other players need to be able to challenge you, so you cant drag games on forever.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 11:12
    Not automatic right now, but if there is a change, everyone will be informed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree