Game moderation reloaded

Game moderation reloaded

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by dooser2004
Definetly not going public.

Besides we are talking four weeks here? Six weeks with the mayor outage on top... do you think waiting a bit would really do that much damage to the site?
Please answer my question.

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Please answer my question.
Wait...

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Mar 08

I am not judging the position you were in which under the circumstances migth have mounted up and up.

But 3-4 weeks too long... you are seriously telling me that we are destroying 3.5 years of dedication because of a four week delay?!

That is really sad...
I don't know who started to leak the info, perhaps a friend told a friend told a friend but by the time these final weeks went by there was no sense in erasing posts and threads on the subject since users were posting: I just got a PM and 😲.

People are not patient, I was trying to be and did rather well. There were a lot of things I would have liked to say on the subject, but now that Russ is back I don't feel the urge to say anything.

The new team will perhaps make a decision, or Russ will let it die since Cludi left. I don't know, but waiting isn't so hard anymore now the we know something is getting done.

P-

s

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Korch
My name is Kristaps Kretainis
My ELO is 2169 (could be higher if I could play more in ELO tournaments) - you can check it in FIDE list.
My national rating (similar system to ELO) is 2279
There are players from Latvia, (for example kbaumen, skydiver and Portugalis) who can confirm my identity.

You may start your personal analyses (I know that you are tryi ...[text shortened]... l approve mods they dont trust and I`m pretty sure that new mods will be checked very carefully.
Hello to All!
Outside of RHP and Internet I'm a real banker and Korch was/is my real customer. So, I can confirm to anybody that his name is Kristaps Kretainis, any information he gave about himself in this post or in his profile is correct (I haven't time to check all threads of forums but am sure that he didn't lie anywhere), and even his photo is placed into his profile. And I can also confirm that:
- he is a bit crazy about chess;
- he is a bit crazy about correctness;
- and that he is a real chess monster... in the best meaning of this word!

skydiver

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Mar 08

Wait...
While someone he was convinced was a cheater continued to cheat? Where's the "decency" in that?

Moves
06 Mar 08

I shall be supporting the experienced original game mod team to be put back in it's rightful place.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Bad wolf
I shall be supporting the experienced original game mod team to be put back in it's rightful place.
Me too!!

c

Moves
06 Mar 08

I'd like to add that this new mod. team should be much larger than former teams. They just didn't seem to be able to handle the number of engine use complaints with just 4 or 5 mods.

c

Russ's Pocket

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by cmsMaster
I'd like to add that this new mod. team should be much larger than former teams. They just didn't seem to be able to handle the number of engine use complaints with just 4 or 5 mods.
You are so desperate. I can see you hopping on your seat, hand extended, bouncing. Me, me , ohh, pick me!
I couldn't think of a worse anything than you.
You stink of want tnrd!

woodpusher

Raleigh, NC USA

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by mikekelly666
Right now I could care less who is the game mod. I'm more worried about the integerity of the game mod system. What is to prevent a honest player having their name tarnished and be banned because a game mod mistakely called them a cheater. To me that is greater wrong than letting a cheater play at the site.

Maybe the people who want to be game mod ...[text shortened]... eel sorry for the game mods if the lynch mob composed of people wrongly accused comes for them.
That is a very cretive and objective suggestion, sir. I like it.

c

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
You are so desperate. I can see you hopping on your seat, hand extended, bouncing.[b] Me, me , ohh, pick me!
I couldn't think of a worse anything than you.
You stink of want tnrd![/b]
Right....easy there, bud. I'm not really worried about whether I'm on the mod team or not, I would like the cheaters to be gone...hence my suggestions.

Bad day?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
I'd be interested. I think I've shown I have some loyalty to this site, and I'm a forum moderator. You could also look up my USCF rating or ICC rating.
I second Tony for game mod.

Moves
06 Mar 08
1 edit

< - - volunteer

Moves
06 Mar 08

I'd like to put myself forward, but with some reservations:

What is the workload?
Gatecrasher:"After a week or so [...] I was about 60%-70% through the workload [...]"
How many hours/days work are we talking about?

I want to be stamped as clean at this time. I have completed 54 games over the last 2 1/2 years - If the last game mods had some sort of pretty tool to analyse, run that. I would rather deal with the Spanish Inquisition up front, rather than after having been appointed, and just avoid the risk of another tourney mod scandal. I am now running my own engine on all my (finished) games, just to convince myself that there are no issues. I know, but if my database throws up matches, that could look suspicious. Doing a final check of the new mods could/should be the last task for the outgoing tourney mod's.

What do I bring?

I learnt to play chess about 30 years ago. I've been improving for about the last eight.
Tri-lingual - I have no problems with French, or German, provided you are not a grammar pedant (and if you are, I'll gladly take the free language lessons!!). I can read Spanish at a push.
I'm quite good at maths, and misuse of statistics really bothers me. e.g. M.Tal: 66.1% chance of cheating. (Not saying anything about 99.8%, except that the difference to 99.99% is enormous).
I finish what I start - I ask about workload up-front, and then decide from there whether I can commit to it or not. I did beta testing of the new tourney coloured lights system, but as I had no time, I did not volunteer for the beta test team.
I can hack together things like a script I did a while back, to pick up the fen from the my games page. I picked out whose move it was, and only printed the FENs where it was my move. It would make cheating easier, but my goal was visualisation. It was closer to possible when I had less games in progress. I think it is broken now, but I have little interest in fixing it until my gameload goes down to 5 or 6.

Flaws I'll admit to in a public place:
Occasional touch of arrogance - some of my posts could be phrased better. I then look at my rating and remember that I have little to be arrogant about.
For this job, my rating may be a bit low: last was 122, down from 127, for all sorts of reasons. I don't yet have an new national rating, but expect one in about 6 matches. I am a long way from being a master, but enjoy a good club game. When I last looked, I was at spot 500 on the site.
But I don't get that "feeling" that I am playing an engine, which others have.
I run only linux at the minute. Depending on analysis required, I may have work to do to get things installed. On the other hand AFAIK it is easier to write scripts etc. to automate tasks, such as analysis of a bunch of games.
I tend to be quite private - I don't yak about my personal situation on the internet, and won't yak about you either. But the downside is that I will consider carefully whether I want the job if it is a requirement to give your name and references in public - I am not Korch.

Why would I give up my time for this?
I like chess. I think that if I analyse more games, I'll get better at chess.
I like maths. Some of this job is statistics, which I quite enjoy. Doing more will not do any harm.
I think it is likely that I could use the opportunity to get another degree. That is definitely worth my time.

The real world:
I was treasurer in my last chess club. There are a few people on here who I know in person. If I decide to give my name, I am sure there will be others who recognise me.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
arriakis is rumored to be steve exeter. he used to have an image in his profile that was linked to a image hosting service the exact image he has now with the name steve exeter in it. He did not answer the question when I asked him about it and he has since changed the image hosting of the picture. I would like proof that he isnt steve before voting for him.
When you asked me if I was Exy I told you something to the effect of "People will have to figure that out for themselves." I assumed you'd go back, right click on my image and figure out why the picture was associated with a url site by steve exeter.
He was my clan leader at Twin Peaks and allowed me to post my picture at his website. Back then you had to have someone do that for you.

Russ has changed the way our pictures are hosted so that's why my picture is no longer posted from the old site.

But I must tell you. I don't want to be a game mod here, especially when they're going to be by popular vote and not ability.