Game moderation reloaded

Game moderation reloaded

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by KJCavalier
No1 should possibly be considered. .
Preposterous idea.

NWITHH

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by Red Night
Preposterous idea.

NWITHH
I've changed my mind; I'd like to be considered for the team. People know my history here of exposing engine cheats, my cooperation with the prior Game Mod teams and my extensive game analyses. Plus I have very good research skills, as RN recently found out.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
I've changed my mind; I'd like to be considered for the team. People know my history here of exposing engine cheats, my cooperation with the prior Game Mod teams and my extensive game analyses. Plus I have very good research skills, as RN recently found out.
I would prefer a higher rated player

and one with a less vitriolic personality.

NMWITHH

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Mar 08
1 edit

I would prefer a higher rated player

and one with a less vitriolic personality.

NMWITHH
If I recall correctly, Gatecrasher does not have an OTB (I assume that's what you mean) rating. Phlab and tmetzler, who were Game Mods, had a considerably lower OTB rating than mine. Of the candidates discussed, CmsMaster doesn't have an OTB rating either.

One's personality is not at issue unless there is some claim that that personality would cause bias. Unlike you, I have no bias that would prevent me from judging any player an engine cheat if the evidence supported that finding.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
07 Mar 08

If I recall correctly, Gatecrasher does not have an OTB (I assume that's what you mean) rating. Phlab and tmetzler, who were Game Mods, had a considerably lower OTB rating than mine. Of the candidates discussed, CmsMaster doesn't have an OTB rating either.

One's personality is not at issue unless there is some claim that that personality wo ...[text shortened]... ld prevent me from judging any player an engine cheat if the evidence supported that finding.
I have no sympathy to no1marauder due to his manners of polemics, BUT with his research skills and OTB experience he could be good game mod.

Lot

Moves
07 Mar 08
1 edit

One's personality is not at issue unless there is some claim that that personality wo ...[text shortened]... ld prevent me from judging any player an engine cheat if the evidence supported that finding.
Yep you would just start an inquisition and crucify instead...

..and if a couple of innocent are amongst them... who cares...

At least it is for the greater good right???

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by Lord of the Pawns
Yep you would just start an inquisition and crucify instead...

..and if a couple of innocent are amongst them... who cares...

At least it is for the greater good right???
There is no way for that to happen, as the way it works ALL mods must agree.

If No1 were to let info leak or go public, he would be off the team in an instant... if he even makes the team.

P-

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
There is no way for that to happen, as the way it works ALL mods must agree.

If No1 were to let info leak or go public, he would be off the team in an instant... if he even makes the team.

P-
Keeping confidentiality is an ethical requirement of my profession. And I never break my word.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
07 Mar 08
2 edits

For people who have been received PMs from Arrakis making cheating accusations against me.

To be honest I dont like it as any honest person dont like when he is accused in wrongdoing he haven`t done. I have been checked that game with the same program as he and can say that statement sbout "100%" is not true. Yes that game has high match up with Fritz, but

1)Game he does mention was tactical in which match ups are usually higher than in more positional games (did he mention that in other our game in which he was overplayed in more positional way that match up was much lower?);
2)I asked one well known strong RHP player if that game is suspicious or Arrakis just want to defame me and his answer was that this game is "too short to be worth analysing, once the opening moves have been discounted. I've just played through the game and it is a bit confusing, but most of the moves that I didn't understand were made by Arrakis."

About my ELO - its lowered as I` have been played only in 5-6 ELO tournaments, most of them 3-5 years ago when I played weaker than now.

About 'beating masters here at RHP on a regular basis":

1)OTB and CC are actually not the same. For example one important difference is lack of time trouble
2) Which masters does he talking about? David Tebb has ELO about 2209 - only 40 points over me. My results with him are +2 = 8. Northern Lad has at least 2300 (As I understood) - My result +2 -1 =2 .
Is it so impossible, taking into account that in local OTB tournaments I have positive scoring against FMs (with ELO about 2300) ?

c

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by Korch
For people who have been received PMs from Arrakis making cheating accusations against me.

To be honest I dont like it as any honest person dont like when he is accused in wrongdoing he haven`t done. I have been checked that game with the same program as he and can say that statement sbout "100%" is not true. Yes that game has high match up with Fritz, but ...[text shortened]... hat in local OTB tournaments I have positive scoring against FMs (with ELO about 2300) ?
I ran the game that you're talking about through F9 and I didn't find a 100% matchup rate, nor did I find play that seemed all that suspicious. But, as you mentioned, I think there are two main problems with using that game as an example:

1.Way too short - Something like 25 moves, right?

2.It's just one game - that never proves anything.

M

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by cmsMaster
I ran the game that you're talking about through F9 and I didn't find a 100% matchup rate, nor did I find play that seemed all that suspicious. But, as you mentioned, I think there are two main problems with using that game as an example:

That game does not look suspicious at all to me (replayed manually here on the site). White made several weak moves, and Rxc6 was simply a blunder in my humble opinion, and often in those cases the response is rather straightforward. Of course, this is not the quivalent of an 'investigation', just an opinion.

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
07 Mar 08

Preposterous idea.

NWITHH
If you actually posted my entire thought as to why I suggested No1, or read any of his work in trying to expose cheats a couple years back, you may wish to change your mind.

I don't always agree with him, but he does know how to analyze the game, and figure out the difference between a great player and a great engine.

What is needed is someone who can do that. I for one would be very glad to have someone with his qualifications.

Moves
07 Mar 08

Maybe I'm crazy but I think no1 would be an excellent choice for game moderator. One of the few people I think that could go about the job ruthlessly without being influenced by politics or personalities.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by Korch

To be honest I dont like it as any honest person dont like when he is accused in wrongdoing he haven`t done. I have been checked that game with the same program as he and can say that statement sbout "100%" is not true. Yes that game has high match up with Fritz, but ...[text shortened]... hat in local OTB tournaments I have positive scoring against FMs (with ELO about 2300) ?
I have received numerous PMs in the past few days from various users accusing all sorts of people of being cheats.

It seems to be a sign of the times.

Cheating accusations are rampant.

This is one of the reasons why we have to find some game mods that are trustworthy like GateCrasher, Tony, David, etc.

The site can't function without a reliable game mod team.

H
Renouned Grob Killer

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by cmsMaster

Yeah I ran it through fritz 11 and didnt see anything, he matched up alot more than arrakis, but he's alot better. If arrakis is that worried about why doesnt he just challenge him to a 1 minute bullet on the blitz site here.