1. Standard memberMrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    Texas :-)
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 05:04
    Originally posted by Russ
    I am open to feedback regarding the text size.
    Larger the better for my old eyes, Russ. :-)

I think your new message log looks a lot nicer than the old one. Thx! :-)

Any prospect of seeing some enhancements to your analysis board? Right now there's no easy way to save a line once you've found a usefull variation.

Many, many thanks, Russ! :-)
  2. NSW
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 07:45
    A new message log has been released which is accessible without navigating to a new page. (Available during play from either the existing 'message log' button, or below any new message you receive during play.)

A game log has also been added which gives an illustrated summary of the game so far (including message history too). Link next to the "analyse gam ...[text shortened]... ant to hide any message above the board temporarily, just click the '[name] says...' bar.
    great idea
  3. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 09:48
    A new message log has been released which is accessible without navigating to a new page. (Available during play from either the existing 'message log' button, or below any new message you receive during play.)

A game log has also been added which gives an illustrated summary of the game so far (including message history too). Link next to the "analyse gam ...[text shortened]... ant to hide any message above the board temporarily, just click the '[name] says...' bar.
    Is this part of the build up for the Conditional Moves update?
  4. Manchester, UK
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 09:57
    Originally posted by lausey
    ...Also don't see the point in the avatar there...

I'm with Lausey. The Avatar forces the message box to be larger than it needs to be, dropping the actual board down the screen so a scroll is required, unless you close the message box instead...

It's not like anyone else is going to drop in on the conversation, is it? Any messages will either be from you or your opponent. no?
  5. Manchester, UK
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 09:58
    D'oh.

Obviously in that last post my reply wasn't meant to be part of the quote-box... gaah. Need caffeine... :/
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 10:34

Very niiiiiice. 😀
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 13:40
    The message log link was the space waster here, not the avatar (remember, there was a graphic in its place before anyway). So, it has been moved to the top right saving quite a lot of space. It looks better for it too.

-Russ
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 13:41
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Is this part of the build up for the Conditional Moves update?
    Not entirely, but it is getting a few pieces in place before hand.

-Russ
  9. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 16:551 edit
    Thanks for yet another fantastic update.

You guys sure have a way of finding something that is already good and making it even that much better. Really nice update.

Thanks!

Edit - Since I haven't yet had a chance to try it out, does this system automatically format smileys and/or special (bold & italicized) text in the messages?
  10. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 16:56
    Originally posted by MrJohn
    Any prospect of seeing some enhancements to your analysis board? Right now there's no easy way to save a line once you've found a usefull variation.
    Good idea.
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 17:22
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Since I haven't yet had a chance to try it out, does this system automatically format smileys and/or special (bold & italicized) text in the messages?
    No smileys yet - but I will enable them soon.

-Russ
  12. Standard memberAsthereal
    Dark Matter
    Maastricht
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 22:37
    Originally posted by lausey
    I don't mind the message log link with the pop up window, but I think the in game text is a little too big. Also don't see the point in the avatar there. It means more scrolling to see your board, even if the message isn't that long. 😛
    Maybe an idea to get an option in your settings that will allow talking during play, or if you turn that off because it annoys you, to get a note that says: "your opponent says something during play, click here to see what" or some.

I personally like the talking during play a lot. The new way is very good and allows me to read again quickly what was said again, so I can still make quick remarks on that. Very handy and way quicker than the old way, but I understand that some people don't chat and just want to move quickly. What does maser Russ think about this?
  13. Standard memberAsthereal
    Dark Matter
    Maastricht
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 22:39
    Oh and I really like the picture there because a lot of people don't look at proflies and the pictures look great in the site :-). I hope you'll let me keep the pictures!
  14. Standard memberAsthereal
    Dark Matter
    Maastricht
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 22:48
    Originally posted by MrJohn

Please no don't do this!!!
    The analyse board is already way too good a method to analyse every position that thorowly and many people obviously don't even use it so I don't think it'd be fair to make it a complete analysis option. It should be there to look over some positions, not give the option of deciding a game over it. Just my opinion, but I'm really really against furthermore improving the analysis options during play. If you want to really look everything over I think you should try using a normal board and pieces-set and a pen and paper. I've had a pile of notes about games some time ago, which'd help me pretty well, but now I just play because it's more fun anyway.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 10:06
    No smileys yet - but I will enable them soon.

-Russ
    They are now enabled - but not in the message log.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree