1. Hell
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 11:41
    Originally posted by ArielUK
    Worth pointing out that Chrome might not be available, even on some fairly recent versions of Android. I'm stuck with 2.3.5 on a Samsung SII that's only 18 months old, but I can't upgrade to Android 4 or install Chrome either.

Anyhow, Opera Mobile might be a viable alternative?
    On my Android phone I find the app works for me - though without an analysis board 😉 . I haven't tried the site through the phone browser maybe I will after the update (I tend to use Chrome everywhere so they sync as I have a S3).
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 11:491 edit
    Originally posted by Bael
    On my Android phone I find the app works for me - though without an analysis board 😉 . I haven't tried the site through the phone browser maybe I will after the update (I tend to use Chrome everywhere so they sync as I have a S3).
    The native app (despite its limitations) will still be your best option post update.

A generic mobile version of the site (mobile web app for all smart phones) will replace the current iPhone targeted web app soon after - this will be a better option than the main site once available.
  3. Subscriberjharker
    Chess Obsessed
    Ashland, OR
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 14:13
    Are there options for iPad 1 other than "laggy moves"? not willing to suffer or buy a new device just for RHP
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 14:192 edits
    Originally posted by jharker
    Are there options for iPad 1 other than "laggy moves"? not willing to suffer or buy a new device just for RHP
    I'm going to edit the above post as I don't want to confuse the issue. I was suggesting that the drag and drop may not be as responsive. Again, see Thread 152540 and let us know your thoughts.

edit : We have now tested on iPad 1, and it works just fine.
  5. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 18:06
    Originally posted by Russ
    Find out which browser you are using here

[=http://www.whatbrowser.org/]http://www.whatbrowser.org/[/]

edit : This content will be added to the lead post and expanded.
    this is excellent to help us - thanks. I am ready and waiting!
  6. Roseburg, OR
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 20:00
    I am using IE9, but prefer my chrome which is up to date to the latest version. I dont think I will have a problem.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 20:471 edit
    Originally posted by jharker
    Since posting earlier, I have borrowed an iPad 1 for some late testing, and can confirm there are no performance problems with iPad 1. My earlier comment was speculation, and incorrect.
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 23:19
    I am using an iPhone ... With the latest iOS
    On it... It says " mobile safari 6" what can I do
    If I can't get google chrome??? I cannot have a computer....
    I have addiction issues...
  9. Ontario, Canada
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 02:12
    Hi Bernard,

This isn't about Microsoft trying to get you to upgrade, in fact it's quite the opposite. Microsoft is lagging quite a bit when it comes to Internet technology and web browsers. While Web technology was advancing, Microsoft sat and did noting for many years. Now their software is old, outdated and insecure. The great thing is, there are alternatives such Firefox and Google Chrome that are not only faster, more secure and have more features, they're also free. Download either one of them and every Internet site you visit will be a better experience.
  10. Joined
    11 Apr '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 14:16
    I would argue the fact that Firefox is better or Faster then some of the newer versions of IE. I've found Firefox to be an incredibly slow browser. Google Chrome however is much faster than either. It's always a good idea to upgrade to the latest browser if the option is available. Very soon no one will support the older versions. I am using Opera 12.15. Does anyone know if there will be any issues with that here??? I haven't had any issues so far.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 18:44
    Will you not allow timeouts for a few days?

I am looking forward to the new site awesome!
  12. Morriston, Fl.
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 22:56
    I am using Firefox 20. Is this sufficient, or will an update be needed?

Please Advise,

Thank you,

Gerald Buckley
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 11:391 edit
    Originally posted by Gerald Buckley
    I am using Firefox 20. Is this sufficient, or will an update be needed?

Gerald Buckley
    I've been using the beta site for two months and I don't have any problems. I use Firefox 20. You don't need to do anything.
  14. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 12:01
    Alas the update has not upgraded my chess performance 🙁
  15. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 12:041 edit
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Alas the update has not upgraded my chess performance 🙁
    I need a financial upgrade.

Every time I put my bank card in the wall
    all I get is a 10 second video of the bank
    manager laughing at me and pointing. 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree