Old Westerns

Old Westerns

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

Moves
09 Feb 20

I really enjoy old Western movies and TV shows. Hopalong Cassidy, The Line Ranger, Roy Rogers, The Rifleman, Gunsmoke. McClintock, True Grit, Rio Grande, etc etc
For some reason I like B&W better.

Read a book!

Moves
09 Feb 20

@gambrel said
I really enjoy old Western movies and TV shows. Hopalong Cassidy, The Line Ranger, Roy Rogers, The Rifleman, Gunsmoke. McClintock, True Grit, Rio Grande, etc etc
https://www.cowboysindians.com/2016/11/100-best-westerns-ever-made/

Moves
09 Feb 20

@gambrel said
I have to be in the mood for a Western.
But, generally speaking, the older...the better.

I tried to get my lovely to watch "The Magnificent 7" with me the other night. She wasn't having any.
I tried to sell her on the idea of it being a remake of Kuosawa's masterpiece, "Seven Samurai" but she wasn't biting.

As as kid, I loved "Gun Smoke", "The Big Valley, "Bat Masterson" and "The Wild Wild West" on TV.

They just don't make them like that anymore. 🙁

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
10 Feb 20

@wolfe63 said

I tried to get my lovely to watch "The Magnificent 7" with me the other night. She wasn't having any.
I tried to sell her on the idea of it being a remake of Kuosawa's masterpiece, "Seven Samurai" but she wasn't biting.

As as kid, I loved "Gun Smoke", "The Big Valley, "Bat Masterson" and "The Wild Wild West" on TV.

Yeah, so did I. They were OK, but I got bored with TV after about 1980. I'd rather do things than watch them-

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Feb 20

@wolfe63 said

I liked "Have Gun, Will Travel" and "Wanted: Dead or Alive" with a young Steve McQueen. There's a local station to me that plays almost nothing but old TV.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
15 Feb 20

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

and

The Professionals
(because my mother knew Woody Strode, personally and it was the first Western I had ever seen)