RHP Prose 2009 VOTING THREAD

RHP Prose 2009 VOTING THREAD

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
05 May 09

Originally posted by shavixmir
'till when can I post my top 3?
It's gonna take me a couple of days to read through them all.
You have more than a couple days. We realise that this competition has a lot of entries so there will be an adequate amount of time for public voting.

N

The sky

Moves
05 May 09

Originally posted by hopscotch
You have more than a couple days. We realise that this competition has a lot of entries so there will be an adequate amount of time for public voting.
For procrastinationalists like me, a deadline is always useful. I hate it when it's completely open until suddenly someone says: "Okay, there don't seem to be any more votes coming, so voting closes this evening."

h

Moves
05 May 09

Originally posted by Nordlys
For procrastinationalists like me, a deadline is always useful. I hate it when it's completely open until suddenly someone says: "Okay, there don't seem to be any more votes coming, so voting closes this evening."
We are procrastinating about deciding on a deadline.

At the moment the votes are open until interest in this competition has waned, then we'll add a week or so on to that, and that'll be the deadline. So it'll be at least two weeks.

h

Moves
05 May 09

Originally posted by hopscotch
We are procrastinating about deciding on a deadline.

At the moment the votes are open until interest in this competition has waned, then we'll add a week or so on to that, and that'll be the deadline. So it'll be at least two weeks.
At least, that's the deadline for everyone else.

The deadline for Nordlys is TONIGHT!

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
05 May 09

Originally posted by Sunburnt
You make being a total dick an art form.
Thank you, Mom would be proud.

BS

Moves
05 May 09
1 edit

kept my votes to pieces 500 words or less.

1) Bits And Pieces - very good but last line wasn't necessary (think someone else has said this too). or maybe his dead body should have been the last piece.
2) Writer's Block - the line about "was it a manuscript - couldn't be, it was only two lines", or something like that, made me laugh
3) Return Journey - don't fully understand this, but it kept my attention more than the others, and had some nice phrases to it

Moves
05 May 09

1st. Dealer's choice.
2nd. Midnight special.
3rd. 500 words.

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
05 May 09

1st - Dealers Choice
2nd - Percival the sandwich
3rd - Midnight Special

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
06 May 09

Originally posted by SJ247
1st. Dealer's choice.
2nd. Midnight special.
3rd. 500 words.
500 words? Have you been huffing paint? That was a smoking turd. I'd sooner take Percival home and polish the meat wagon with him than read that again.

Moves
06 May 09

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
500 words? Have you been huffing paint? That was a smoking turd. I'd sooner take Percival home and polish the meat wagon with him than read that again.
I really liked it, found it clever and funny.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
06 May 09

Would that before or after he'd served as two-ply?

C
Strategos

Ancient Greece

Moves
06 May 09

1) Dealer's choice.
2) Writer's Block.
3) 500 words.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
06 May 09

Originally posted by Cimon
1) Dealer's choice.
2) Writer's Block.
3) 500 words.
Way to go, you double teamed the two crappiest entries with Writer's Block and 500. I am ashamed to have chosen the same winner as you. 😞

M

Moves
06 May 09

Way to go, you double teamed the two crappiest entries with Writer's Block and 500. I am ashamed to have chosen the same winner as you. 😞
Quit harassing the voters. 😠

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
06 May 09

Originally posted by Mimor
Quit harassing the voters. 😠
Its constructive commentary I'll have you know. I'm aghast that Percival and other literary turds have floated to the surface whilst my masterpeice has settled to the bottom of the bowl.