SEVERUS: The Black Caesar

SEVERUS: The Black Caesar

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
29 Feb 20

Trying to come back to the OP:

There is a novel set in historic times. It is not Nobel Prize stuff, but it is well to read (for some of us). Those who don't like it should just go on and find something more to their liking.

When I was young I never broke off reading a book. At some point I asked myself what I wanted to achieve with this. (Answer: probably a "star" on my resume 😉 )Nowadays I take the liberty to stop reading books I don't like for any reason, and I might be a tad happier reader than in earlier times 🙂

Moves
02 Mar 20

@ponderable said
Trying to come back to the OP:

There is a novel set in historic times. It is not Nobel Prize stuff, but it is well to read (for some of us). Those who don't like it should just go on and find something more to their liking.

When I was young I never broke off reading a book. At some point I asked myself what I wanted to achieve with this. (Answer: probably a "star" o ...[text shortened]... ding books I don't like for any reason, and I might be a tad happier reader than in earlier times 🙂
Herr Ponderable, when is the next RHP Poetry and/or Prose Contest?

The few that I recall were generally held at this time of the year, no?

Danke.

Demon Barber

Fleet Street

Moves
03 Mar 20
5 edits

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
03 Mar 20

caesar was white.

Read a book!

Moves
03 Mar 20

@mister-moggy said
caesar was white.
There was more than one Caesar.

Demon Barber

Fleet Street

Moves
04 Mar 20

@mister-moggy said
caesar was white.
Not this caesar...

https://100greatblackbritons.com/bios/septimus_severus.html

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
04 Mar 20

@mister-moggy said
caesar was white.
mister moggy is a mutt

Demon Barber

Fleet Street

Moves
04 Mar 20

@lemondrop said
mister moggy is a mutt
And I was picturing him as a cat lol

Demon Barber

Fleet Street

Moves
02 May 20

Read a book!

Moves
06 May 20

@Benjamin-Barker
Hi. I was wondering what your copy editor said when you told her about the typos.

Demon Barber

Fleet Street

Moves
06 May 20
4 edits

@HandyAndy

I am working on another book at the moment - once that's done I shall be publishing a second draft of SEVERUS to silence all the grammar Nazis! 😉

Those issues are obviously not as noticeable in the audiobook version which has been selling very well since the lockdown started.

I do have promo codes available, so if you don't have an Audible account send me a PM and I'll give you a code to get a free copy. All I ask in return is that you leave an honest review on Amazon. 🙂

Read a book!

Moves
06 May 20

@benjamin-barker said
@HandyAndy

I am working on another book at the moment - once that's done I shall be publishing a second draft of SEVERUS to silence all the grammar Nazis! 😉

Those issues are obviously not as noticeable in the audiobook version which has been selling very well since the lockdown started.

I do have promo codes available, so if you don't have an Audible accoun ...[text shortened]... you a code to get a free copy. All I ask in return is that you leave an honest review on Amazon. 🙂
Please don't think of readers interested in correct language as "grammar Nazis."

Without us you wouldn't have known about your plural subject/singular verb problems.

Demon Barber

Fleet Street

Moves
07 May 20
1 edit

@HandyAndy To be honest, I am only doing it because there are some people who fixate and attack at it in such a destructive and negative fashion that they are unable to move beyond it and focus on anything that's good about the work.

Luckily, the average person is happy to be entertained by the story surrounding the characters that they have become invested in and are able to forgive a few grammatical errors or typos.