explain
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Oct '23 17:01
    @kellyjay said
    https://youtube.com/shorts/LX92fiaR0BE?feature=share
    Faith and Politics = Oil and Water. Please don't try to mix them. It won't work.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Oct '23 23:41
    @mchill said
    Faith and Politics = Oil and Water. Please don't try to mix them. It won't work.
    More like diesel and ice cream -- not only do they not mix well, each gums up the works of the other.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    19 Nov '23 22:33
    @kellyjay said
    Agreed, there are a lot of things masquerading as truth, feelings for example taking the place of reality. If something is portrayed as true, yet on its face isn't, we are no longer connected to reality. Holding contradictory views as true at the same time shows we have lost reality, when something can be said and it doesn't matter if it is true or not the assertion has to be accepted either way, we have left reality.
    You constantly present your own religious beliefs as being 'the truth', when the truth of it is that they are only your own religious beliefs, which are no more true than any other religious beliefs. You also persistently hold contradictory views at the same time, expressing whichever suits the matter being discussed. You are therefore by your own definition about as far from being 'connected to reality' as it is possible to get. I and I'm sure others here have long known this, but it's good to have it confirmed by yourself.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Dec '23 05:39
    @KellyJay
    The truth is, right wingnuts are doing exactly what he said. That is not opinion.
    Just look at school libraries in Florida where books like the Bell Jar is banned for daring to bring in the subject of depression.
    A whole generation of kids not getting a real education because DeSantis doesn't want white folks to feel uncomfortable.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '23 07:54
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    The truth is, right wingnuts are doing exactly what he said. That is not opinion.
    Just look at school libraries in Florida where books like the Bell Jar is banned for daring to bring in the subject of depression.
    A whole generation of kids not getting a real education because DeSantis doesn't want white folks to feel uncomfortable.
    I agree.

The Civil Rights movement moved ahead because the whole idea was to make white people uncomfortable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree