1. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 00:20
    Obama gave the insurance companies just what they wanted and told Americans they had it made.

I wonder what his private bank account looks like?
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 00:421 edit
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    I like how your "article" starts with the word ADVERTISEMENT.

Christ, you'd swallow a turd if Fox News told you it was a truffle.
    Read the article. Did you read the article?

Read the article.

EDIT: here's the original link. So you can find the word "advertisement" yourself.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/index.html
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 16:31
    What are the words? Straw man. Scarecrow. Red herring.
    I believe the words are: "real world" and "how things actually work".

The fact that you can't see it just goes to show the extent of your blindness.
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 20:18
    The signal to noise ratio here is too low. Chaos when big changes are enacted is almost inevitable, so rather than piss away endless hours fighting with Faux News automatons about "what might be" and "what the American Enterprise Institute thinks" during the initial stages of the ACA roll-out, I think I'm just going to wait and let the facts come in. I u ...[text shortened]... they've always done. Glenn Beck Kool-Aid guzzlers take note: EVEN INSURANCE COMPANIES CAN LIE.
    So I see that you're jockeying to become my new cat toy until Moonbat returns.

The facts are in, you silly, bombastic, impertinent little man. The facts are so damning that 39 Democrats in the House and voted against the President, and 12 Senate Democrats went to the White House to bawl Obama out. Here's a fact - people who have applied for Obamacare have seen their premiums and deductibles go up by a factor of ten.

I've never seen this much political panic in my lifetime. Do you not read newspapers? Even liberal newspapers are all over him. You keep trucking Obama's water though, we need a village idiot to bat around.
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 20:38
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    So I see that you're jockeying to become my new cat toy until Moonbat returns.

The facts are in, you silly, bombastic, impertinent little man. The facts are so damning that 39 Democrats in the House and voted against the President, and 12 Senate Democrats went to the White House to bawl Obama out. Here's a fact - people who have applied for Obama ...[text shortened]... re all over him. You keep trucking Obama's water though, we need a village idiot to bat around.
    Uh huh. And you and all your buddies were so certain Obama was going to be a one-term president. So absolutely positive.

So listen, we'll just see. Right? To you, the future looks brightest only during the height of a storm, when uncertainty and chaos is greatest. Invariably things settle down, and the picture gets clearer. And invariably when that happens, your "sure things" go bust, and you move on to something else. That's your pattern. You live for the "now," just like a little puppy dog.

I won't be around as often as you like. I do have a life outside this forum.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 22:202 edits
    The signal to noise ratio here is too low. Chaos when big changes are enacted is almost inevitable, so rather than piss away endless hours fighting with Faux News automatons about "what might be" and "what the American Enterprise Institute thinks" during the initial stages of the ACA roll-out, I think I'm just going to wait and let the facts come in. I u ...[text shortened]... they've always done. Glenn Beck Kool-Aid guzzlers take note: EVEN INSURANCE COMPANIES CAN LIE.
    They won't just "dump" the customers. They'll just jack up the premiums to the point that people will just have to pay for them to subsidize all the other crap that the ACA makes them cover. the insurance companies have to do this to survive. In the meantime, many or most of the people who did have the right policy will have to either give them up or pay more through the nose for a crappier plan than they had before before of all these beautiful new regs they have to comply with now.

This is not a prediction. It's happening. Though large businesses are largely exempt, the regs force individuals AND small business polices to comply, so the talk about it only affecting 5% is BS. Speak to your local health insurance agent. More than half of small business policies are going to have to be adjusted to comply with the ACA. Yes, your 26 year old brat will be covered and the new plan will pay for all these new goodies that a few special interests want covered, but in the meantime, for many or most people who actually work hard and run or work for small business and make a living wage will see their plans get crappier than they are.

This is happening NOW and will happen over the next year as policies go through their annual renewals and are dumped or modified.

If the ACA is not fixed (i.e., amended), one year from today, it will be the most reviled piece of legislation in last 150 years in this country.

This is not about the part of the ACA that subsidizes insurance for low income people. I don't have a major problem with that element of the bill. The problem is all these new costly requirements for existing policies. That's what's going to kill this administration.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 22:38
    Don't be moronic. A cancellation of an old policy is a prerequisite to enacting a new policy.

You really think insurance companies are just going to irrevocably dump 100 million of their customers? Yeah? It must be trippy to be you.
    They will not want to, they are in business to insure; however, the law will
    force it. Which is why everyone has been claiming it is a bad law.
    Kelly
  8. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 22:55
    Originally posted by sh76
    They won't just "dump" the customers. They'll just jack up the premiums to the point that people will just have to pay for them to subsidize all the other crap that the ACA makes them cover. the insurance companies have to do this to survive. In the meantime, many or most of the people who did have the right policy will have to either give them up or pay more ...[text shortened]... new costly requirements for existing policies. That's what's going to kill this administration.
    The bill is a job destroyer in so many ways. From the 30-hour threshold, to the 49-employee threshold, to the fact that this bill takes money from every other part of the economy to pay for health premiums. It's a painfully stupid bill from a painfully stupid group of people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree