1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '13 20:00
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Look up codex alimentarius. The diet not only get no credit, but it is under attack!!!! There is more money to be made by the medical system so of course it will be played up and choice will be dictated.
    From what I've seen it looks like the food wing of the Bilderberg group. If it's good for big business it's good for everyone!
  2. Germany
    Moves
    03 Nov '13 20:05
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If personal choices of diet and lifestyle play a major role in the health of a population, then why is it that when one discusses health care, personal choices are not take into consideration? Why is it only healthcare that gets the credit or the blame?
    Because a government has significant control over a country's health care system, but has very limited control over the lifestyle choices of its populace. A government might try and educate people about healthy choices but is significantly overstepping its authority if it wants to severely restrict people's choices.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '13 20:14
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Because a government has significant control over a country's health care system, but has very limited control over the lifestyle choices of its populace. A government might try and educate people about healthy choices but is significantly overstepping its authority if it wants to severely restrict people's choices.
    Because a government can control it, then it matters. Right, gotcha.

BTW, the government does control what it allows in its food supply.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Nov '13 20:331 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '13 21:38
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I see you really don't want to discuss the topic of this thread.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Nov '13 23:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 00:07
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Still unwilling to discuss the actual subject. Par for the course.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 06:36
    Because a government can control it, then it matters. Right, gotcha.

BTW, the government does control what it allows in its food supply.
    Things that the government can't control may certainly be relevant, but not to government policy.
  9. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 08:16
    and you don't think a government is over stepping it's authority by forcing people to buy insurance from exchanges? The unintended consequences of the Affordable care act, have yet to play out,, but this plan will hurt the country..
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 10:39
    Yeah, I bet the reason people lived to age 30 in the 1800s was due to eating too many Big Macs.
    Not enough Big Macs, clearly.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 11:38
    You are saying that in Zambia everyone eats a healthy diet and practices healthy lifestyles?
    No, obviously I am not.
    You on the other hand are claiming that those in the US eat healthier diets and practice healthier lifestyles than those in Zambia by quite a big margin. this is simply not true, rendering your OP's claim quite obviously false.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 14:16
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    and you don't think a government is over stepping it's authority by forcing people to buy insurance from exchanges? The unintended consequences of the Affordable care act, have yet to play out,, but this plan will hurt the country..
    The ACA is very similar to Massachusetts' health care plan, so its consequences will likely be similar: increased coverage, but no major cost savings.

I favour a single payer system, which according to empirical evidence is more efficient. Such a system leaves plenty of room for private health care (and insurance thereof), which requires little regulation because the essential health care services are already guaranteed by the government.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 16:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, obviously I am not.
    You on the other hand are claiming that those in the US eat healthier diets and practice healthier lifestyles than those in Zambia by quite a big margin. this is simply not true, rendering your OP's claim quite obviously false.
    No, I'm afraid you are missing the question of the thread. My question was which is more important individual lifestyle choices or medical care?

If individual choices plays a large part, then you can't judge a country's medical industry on things like average life expectancy.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 16:56
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    He believes in a government that dominates society. He believes that the government should provide jobs for everyone, but the pay for those jobs should be minimal. Everyone has a job and everyone can survive. This is the model that Kaz endorses. He is a big believer in the Manor State.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 18:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, obviously I am not.
    You might want to give this link a read:

http://scholarship.law.cornell.edu/zssj/vol1/iss1/4/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree