Affluenza

Affluenza

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
13 Dec 13

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/12/affluenza-dwi-dui-texas/3999487/

To make a long story short, a 16 year old boy get smashed and goes for a ride and hits a car killing 4 and paralyzing one person. His parents are loaded, and then hire a psychologist to claim that the boy suffers from "afluenza", the disease of having rich parents who pamper you your whole life and never impose consequences on them. Thus, the wreck is no longer the fault of the 16 year old, but is the fault of the parents. The parents were then ordered to pay about half a million dollars for the boy to seek rehab in a plush environment for 10 days.

There, justice served. 😵

K

Germany

Moves
13 Dec 13

That's typical class warfare and envy from you again, whodey. How is this kid going to create jobs while in prison?

E

Moves
13 Dec 13

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
That's typical class warfare and envy from you again, whodey. How is this kid going to create jobs while in prison?
Why should this kid be treated any differently than a poor kid?

Lock him up and throw away the keys.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
13 Dec 13

Originally posted by whodey
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/12/affluenza-dwi-dui-texas/3999487/

To make a long story short, a 16 year old boy get smashed and goes for a ride and hits a car killing 4 and paralyzing one person. His parents are loaded, and then hire a psychologist to claim that the boy suffers from "afluenza", the disease of having rich parents who pa ...[text shortened]... lars for the boy to seek rehab in a plush environment for 10 days.

There, justice served. 😵
When I saw this story on CNN today, I called the Tarrant County Juvenile Justice Division and made my feelings known. This is an outrage.

D

Moves
14 Dec 13

w

Moves
14 Dec 13

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Now the only ones who can afford quality health care are the uber rich like this kid.....thanks to the ACA.

w

Moves
14 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sasquatch672
When I saw this story on CNN today, I called the Tarrant County Juvenile Justice Division and made my feelings known. This is an outrage.
Does our government care? With a Congressional approval rating of only 5% I dare say they don't.

I say that all of Congress suffers from "afluenza". I just love that term, it's hysterical!! 😵

w

Moves
14 Dec 13

Originally posted by Eladar

The only way this kid would be held accountable for anything would be if he got his teacher pregnant. 😛

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
14 Dec 13

Originally posted by sasquatch672
I am sure they put you on the "Troublemaker List" and will keep a "special watch" on you.

K

Germany

Moves
14 Dec 13

Originally posted by Eladar

Because if we lock up this kid, all wealthy people are going to pack their bags and move somewhere else. Then who are going to be the job creators?

K

Moves
14 Dec 13

Meh...rich people get preferential treatment, this is nothing new, it's as old as human history.
I knew a guy in his 40's, got in a car accident while drunk, his friend/passenger was killed, he was sent to prison for 5 years, lost his home and his wife had to move on, when he got out she had remarried and he gets to visit his kids once in awhile.
Sad, he made a mistake and it ruined his life.

w

Moves
14 Dec 13

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Because if we lock up this kid, all wealthy people are going to pack their bags and move somewhere else. Then who are going to be the job creators?
That kid will probably be President someday. 😵

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14 Dec 13

What did you expect from Texas?😕

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
15 Dec 13

Originally posted by whodey

To make a long story short, a 16 year old boy get smashed and goes for a ride and hits a car killing 4 and paralyzing one person. His parents are loaded, and then hire a psychologist to claim that the boy suffers from "afluenza", the disease of having rich parents who pa ...[text shortened]... lars for the boy to seek rehab in a plush environment for 10 days.

There, justice served. 😵
whodey...why don't you let the justice system work, and go and work on your endgames or something.😞

w

Moves
15 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by bill718
whodey...why don't you let the justice system work, and go and work on your endgames or something.😞
Don't you mean let the system not work?

Are you suggesting that justice has been served?