1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 17:021 edit
    Why stop with tuition? Surely there is no difference. What IS the difference? This has never been resolved.
    Is it the busiiness of the government to involve itself in the lives of Americans, or should the Americans use common sense, get counseling, whatever , to get themselves out of debt? Without the government, of course. Surely y'all know someone who lives within their means, how do they do it? If someone lives outside their means and amasses debt, like college grads or credit-card users, does their sitiutation become the business of government?

Do y'all know that Biden has NO plan about fixing Social Security. He did say in the SOTU address that we can have the wealthy 'Pay their fair Share' ,to fix SS. Do you think that is a good idea? And didn't he already earmark what to do with the extra money from the wealthy.? Confusing huh?
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 17:08
    @averagejoe1 said
    Why stop with tuition? Surely there is no difference. What IS the difference? This has never been resolved.
    Is it the busiiness of the government to involve itself in the lives of Americans, or should the Americans use common sense, get counseling, whatever , to get themselves out of debt? Without the government, of course. Surely y'all know someone who lives wi ...[text shortened]... , like college grads or credit-card users, does their sitiutation become the business of government?
    Ask all the folks who had their PPP loans disappear overnight first.

Ask the folks who had government build their private sports venues.

Ask the farmers who received $478 Billion in subsidies over the same period of time that these college kids have been alive.

Ask them first and then we can talk about the relative pennies of debt relieved from student loans.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 17:19
    @averagejoe1 said
    Is it the busiiness of the government to involve itself in the lives of Americans, or should the Americans use common sense, get counseling, whatever , to get themselves out of debt? Without the government, of course. Surely y'all know someone who lives wi ...[text shortened]... a? And didn't he already earmark what to do with the extra money from the wealthy.? Confusing huh?
    "Do y'all know that Biden has NO plan about fixing Social Security. He did say in the SOTU address that we can have the wealthy 'Pay their fair Share' ,to fix SS. "
    so he does have a plan and you're just lying.

"Do you think that is a good idea? "
    yes

"And didn't he already earmark what to do with the extra money from the wealthy.? "
    One can do more than one thing . One can also get more money from the wealthy.

"Confusing huh?"
    Only if you're dumb
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 17:48
    @zahlanzi said
    "Do y'all know that Biden has NO plan about fixing Social Security. He did say in the SOTU address that we can have the wealthy 'Pay their fair Share' ,to fix SS. "
    so he does have a plan and you're just lying.

"Do you think that is a good idea? "
    yes

"And didn't he already earmark what to do with the extra money from the wealthy.? "
    One can do more than one thing . One can also get more money from the wealthy.

"Confusing huh?"
    Only if you're dumb
    No, not confusing......creepy. Your philosophy is creepy.Getting the money from the wealthy is creepy. Creepy.
    Creating zombies in one generation. Of course, there would be no such generation ever again. Who will feed you then, Zahlanzi.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 17:57
    @wildgrass said
    Ask all the folks who had their PPP loans disappear overnight first.

Ask the folks who had government build their private sports venues.

Ask the farmers who received $478 Billion in subsidies over the same period of time that these college kids have been alive.

Ask them first and then we can talk about the relative pennies of debt relieved from student loans.
    I thought every element benefitted from sports venues. We must see it differently.

But there WERE PPP loans. Did Romania, et al, do PPP loans?

Subsidies proven good over and over again. It was the only way, it worked. Funny you can actually say that the program was ill conceived, when so many well-informed senators, by lobbyists, etc., went for it. You at your kitchen table,,,,,why, you were well-informed and figured, naaaaa, not a good idea.

Relative pennies (to losers) adds up to dollars.
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 17:59
    @averagejoe1 said
    I thought every element benefitted from sports venues. We must see it differently.

Subsidies proven good over and over again. It was the only way, it worked. Funny you can actually say that the program was ill conceived, when so many well-informed senators, by lobbyists, etc., went for it. You at your k ...[text shortened]... l-informed and figured, naaaaa, not a good idea.

You say a farm that cannot turn a profit without a check from uncle Sam is not a loser?
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 20:251 edit
    @wildgrass said
    You say a farm that cannot turn a profit without a check from uncle Sam is not a loser?
    Exactly. You see a farmer toiling, trying to make a go of it, and his farm and those of other farmers are lifeblood of our nation. Like, Trump sahing last week that they (invaders) are poisoning the blood, which of course meant that they are tearing down our laws, which laws are the blood of our nation.
    So, we have farmers as life blood.
    Students who owe money to some entity, like my maid who owes money to FordMotor company, are a different situtation. We need the farmers, we do not need losers in college who will feed off the government, starting with getting their debt paid.
    Aint nobody paying my maid's loan.
    So now you see, Farmers aint losers, the deadbeats are losers.
    Y'all have really been easy pickin's on the Forum the last couple of weeks!
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 20:41
    @AverageJoe1
    Ah, you mean you don't want anyone getting YOUR money. I don't mind my taxes used to bail out student loans, the country will benefit in the long run but you see all of that as money coming out of YOUR pocket. What are you bitching about? Stock market not high enough? It should be SIXTY thousand by now?
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 00:44
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    Ah, you mean you don't want anyone getting YOUR money. I don't mind my taxes used to bail out student loans, the country will benefit in the long run but you see all of that as money coming out of YOUR pocket. What are you bitching about? Stock market not high enough? It should be SIXTY thousand by now?
    But why give the money to college grads? What about destituite people who can hardly get thru the day? Tell us, little feller, what about others in need?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 05:31
    @averagejoe1 said
    But why give the money to college grads? What about destituite people who can hardly get thru the day? Tell us, little feller, what about others in need?
    The people you spit on every day?

Those people?
  11. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 05:44
    @averagejoe1 said
    Is it the busiiness of the government to involve itself in the lives of Americans, or should the Americans use common sense, get counseling, whatever , to get themselves out of debt? Without the government, of course. Surely y'all know someone who lives wi ...[text shortened]... a? And didn't he already earmark what to do with the extra money from the wealthy.? Confusing huh?
    Do y'all know that Biden has NO plan about fixing Social Security. He did say in the SOTU address that we can have the wealthy 'Pay their fair Share' ,to fix SS.
    You're an idiot. First you accuse Bidden of not having a plan; then you say he does have a plan. 🙄 A plan I love BTW. 😍 😛 😉
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 05:47
    @averagejoe1 said
    No, not confusing......creepy. Your philosophy is creepy.Getting the money from the wealthy is creepy. Creepy.
    Creating zombies in one generation. Of course, there would be no such generation ever again. Who will feed you then, Zahlanzi.

😍 😆
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 11:46
    @averagejoe1 said
    "Getting the money from the wealthy is creepy."
    allowing the wealthy get so much money from the poor is creepy.

"Creating zombies in one generation."
    yeh, like the baby boomers who benefited from the highest taxes on the rich in US history during Eisenhower?

"Creating zombies in one generation. Of course, there would be no such generation ever again. Who will feed you then, Zahlanzi."
    You're an imbecile if you think taxing the rich to give healthcare and education to the poor creates zombies. Evil imbecile.
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 12:11
    @averagejoe1 said

Subsidies proven good over and over again. It was the only way, it worked. Funny you can actually say that the program was ill conceived, when so many well-informed senators, by lobbyists, etc., went for it. You at your k ...[text shortened]... l-informed and figured, naaaaa, not a good idea.

You could pared that rigtdown to:
    Ok, so I’m a partisan hack and a hypocrite who love free stuff for rich business men and land owners but not actual future tax payers essential to a modern economy 🙄
    How can ‘everyone’ benefit from a ‘private’ venue that charges an admission fee to somewhere that you’ve already paid for with your hard earned taxes?
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 13:49
    @zahlanzi said
    "Getting the money from the wealthy is creepy."
    allowing the wealthy get so much money from the poor is creepy.

"Creating zombies in one generation."
    yeh, like the baby boomers who benefited from the highest taxes on the rich in US history during Eisenhower?

"Creating zombies in one generation. Of course, there would be no such generation ever again. Who will feed yo ...[text shortened]... u think taxing the rich to give healthcare and education to the poor creates zombies. Evil imbecile.
    You say allowing the wealthy to get money from the poor is creepy.
    If you live next-door to me, and go to work at your factory across town and make a whole lot of money, legally with employees, how can you say that you and the other citizens of the town are allowing me to do that?
    If You ride a bicycle to town, how can you say that I am allowing you to do that?
    There is no difference.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree