Be All You Can Be ad

Be All You Can Be ad

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
157d

I just saw this ad it shows action inside of a tank where they are drawing down on the enemy with their guns. They say “1200 yards!!!…fire.! But when they shoot out that way, it just shows them hitting some sand. Why does it not show them hitting the enemy and blowing them to smithereens? Is that political correctness question? I am just asking. .

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
157d

@averagejoe1 said
I just saw this ad it shows action inside of a tank where they are drawing down on the enemy with their guns. They say “1200 yards!!!…fire.! But when they shoot out that way, it just shows them hitting some sand. Why does it not show them hitting the enemy and blowing them to smithereens? Is that political correctness question? I am just asking. .
Probably because they don't want to the audience to have images of dying people associated with the Army.

Moves
157d

@averagejoe1 said
It'd be a hilarious take-off on that commercial if they were shooting at the White House with Joe Biden standing in front of it, I hope someone dies it.

Lake Como

Moves
157d
1 edit

@athousandyoung said
Probably because they don't want to the audience to have images of dying people associated with the Army.
extremely likely, you get an A.
We don't want to killing people.

Just twen u and me, you runnin' for lib office?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
157d

@averagejoe1 said
extremely likely, you get an A.
We don't want to killing people.

Just twen u and me, you runnin' for lib office?
Liberals love showing the brutality the Army inflicts on TV. It was Nixon (a Republican) who got that stopped.

Lake Como

Moves
157d

@jj-adams said
It'd be a hilarious take-off on that commercial if they were shooting at the White House with Joe Biden standing in front of it, I hope someone dies it.
Now, don't go dillutin' my post.. The lib advertising world are selling the Army, but at the same time toning down the killing and blood letting of enemies. Now, why would they do that? Are libs oblivious ?

Z

Moves
157d

@averagejoe1 said
Let's play another round of "Was joe drunk?"

Contestants, place your bets. Was he drunk when he made this thread?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
157d

@zahlanzi said

Zahlooney bamboozle accuses others of being trolls when he is, himself, a troll.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
157d

@wajoma said
Zahlooney bamboozle accuses others of being trolls when he is, himself, a troll.
Again, stating your opinion as fact.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
157d

@zahlanzi said

Nah, he's just naturally like that.

Now Wawa-yo-ma? Probably drunk.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
157d
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said
But when they shoot out that way, it just shows them hitting some sand.

I could think of 4-5 snarky responses, but I'll just add that war is not a video game Joe. Graphics are not the point of it all.

Lake Como

Moves
157d

@mchill said
But when they shoot out that way, it just shows them hitting some sand.

I could think of 4-5 snarky responses, but I'll just add that war is not a video game Joe. Graphics are not the point of it all.
Graphics are necessary for advertisements, are they not? Don't get your meaning. But I hope you got mine. The ad was done obviously by liberals...being liberal with the real facts of war...blowing things up. They did not want to offend anyone's sensibilities. It is a good post, my being tipsy or not.

Moves
156d

When I was in the Air Force we'd see video compilations of jets blowing up buildings and people with air to ground missiles, 20 mm Vulcan cannons, etc. during squadron get-togethers at the O Club.
We'd laugh like hell at them getting blasted to bits.
Good times.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
156d
3 edits

@averagejoe1 said
Graphics are necessary for advertisements, are they not? Don't get your meaning. But I hope you got mine. The ad was done obviously by liberals...being liberal with the real facts of war...blowing things up. They did not want to offend anyone's sensibilities. It is a good post, my being tipsy or not.
Graphics are necessary for advertisements, are they not?

Wrong Joe - Radio advertisements have been able to get their point across without "graphics" for over a century, so too has most print advertising, both of which the Army has used many times in the past.

You don't win any of these debates, do you? 😏

Lake Como

Moves
156d

@mchill said
Graphics are necessary for advertisements, are they not?

Wrong Joe - Radio advertisements have been able to get their point across without "graphics" for over a century, so too has most print advertising, both of which the Army has used many times in the past.

You don't win any of these debates, do you? 😏
Here is a win.
You suggest quite weakly that since we had radio, that TV ads could not have bolstered or have any more effect on young men than a radio in mom's kitchen??????
You are saying that visuals do not increase the interest in a subject.....imagining being in a tank, or in an F16, or killing vermin with a BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle), etc? You tell us you believe that, and why, and I will concede a win to you. If you cannot, then I win!.
Fair? Libs like fair.