Biden Fixing Airllne Fees?

Biden Fixing Airllne Fees?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
46d
2 edits

@averagejoe1 said
Government dictating charges of a corporation? Can they tell Apple what to charge for a cell phone? Of course they can, if they can tell Delta what to charge its customers. This spells doom for free enterprise. The main element of Capitalism is "Trade and Industry controlled by private owners for profit". This plan, see below, does away with private controls. How ...[text shortened]... can sit together without an additional fee.Mar 13, 2023

It is none of the government's busiiness.
Airlines charge up to $40 for selecting specific seats, $200 for a family of five on top of the $1800 you already spent, which is different from being guaranteed seated together like you would if buying a pair of hockey tickets or something.

Government need not intervene. Actually would be good to get kids seated away from their cheap, helicoptering parents for a few hours to cry it out next to some random stranger.

Of course you're the same guy who supports farm subsidies, so I don't think you have the bonafides to argue for smaller goobermint. Complaining about this as an example of death from a thousand cuts while you're agreeing to being wounded by an axe.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
46d
1 edit

@Wajoma
So when 10 year old kids are being used TODAY in slaughterhouses GUMENT should NEVER get their ugly asses involved because that is just business. And the price of groceries here in the US has increased five times the inflation rate. That is greed pure and simple, taking advantage of inflation as an excuse to up the price of groceries like more than double and OF COURSE for you ultrarightwingnuts it is all Biden's fault.

Lake Como

Moves
46d

@spruce112358 said
Sure they should. That's an expectation of the contract. I'm booking together and some of my party are underage and not responsible for their actions (which the airline knows in advance - they asked our ages.) I MUST be adjacent to them to be able to control their behavior.

If the airline asks, "Do you want to choose your seats for $80?" and I say "No" because I don't ...[text shortened]... (if it is valid) can reasonably say, "No, that's stupid. Don't do that." Which is what has happened.
Link us to this ‘contract’, please. And let us stipulate on the front end that a contract is certainly enforceable between both parties generally speaking. So yes, if there is an enforceable contract between Delta and Mr. Jones and his five kids, yes , Delta needs to acknowledge it even if they have to kick someone who is not on contract off their plane. (Let us not forget, it is their plane).
Please link us that contract, I am curious.

Lake Como

Moves
46d

@wildgrass said
Airlines charge up to $40 for selecting specific seats, $200 for a family of five on top of the $1800 you already spent, which is different from being guaranteed seated together like you would if buying a pair of hockey tickets or something.

Government need not intervene. Actually would be good to get kids seated away from their cheap, helicoptering parents for a few hou ...[text shortened]... t this as an example of death from a thousand cuts while you're agreeing to being wounded by an axe.
Yes, I and an entire congress and an entire senate support farm subsidies. I will make a note to my journal that you do not agree with them or me.
Whew.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
46d

@AverageJoe1
Right, like we are supposed to believe a money man like you supports ANY gifts to people by gummint. I can only assume you were using attempted sarcasm.

Lake Como

Moves
46d
1 edit

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
Right, like we are supposed to believe a money man like you supports ANY gifts to people by gummint. I can only assume you were using attempted sarcasm.
Yes, Sarcastic about the journal , to point out how your opinion does not quite hold up on this matter.....wasted air. It is like if I said they are using the wrong rockets to send up a space craft,,,"In My Opinion, by golly!. I will write my congressman, he doesn't know anything!!"
You need to shelve your opinions on such matters, we all do. And your calling whatever a 'gift' is ridiculous, and it may be sending an unfortunate signal to the dependents on this thread, that they can get a government gift!!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
46d

@AverageJoe1
So government should not be in the business of science. So tell that to the fukking abortionist laws saying not only is abortion illegal but in several states they can go after a woman daring to cross state lines to a free state for her abortion, or the 13 yo girl forced to bear full term, rape victim.
Yep, big gommint making science decisions, good for America.
They OBVIOUSLY know more about medicine and science than those really STUPID MD's and Phd scientists.

Lake Como

Moves
46d

@AverageJoe1

And look, above. Wildgrass writes this:

So he too is all about telling a corporation what to charge for their product. (" $200 on TOP of the already-spent $1800!!!!!!!!).
I will go to my dentist tomorrow and tell him I will only pay him $100 for my $200 prophylaxis. That is negotiable, of course, all products and services are, in a capitalistic society.; He can throw me out, but Wildgrass is of the bent that the government should have something to say about what people and entities should charge. Do you think the govt will tell Wildgrass to sell his $200k house for $180K?? Is that OK with Wildgrass?. 😠

Lake Como

Moves
46d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
So government should not be in the business of science. So tell that to the fukking abortionist laws saying not only is abortion illegal but in several states they can go after a woman daring to cross state lines to a free state for her abortion, or the 13 yo girl forced to bear full term, rape victim.
Yep, big gommint making science decisions, good for Ameri ...[text shortened]... hey OBVIOUSLY know more about medicine and science than those really STUPID MD's and Phd scientists.
Wrong thread?

Lake Como

Moves
46d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
No, the constitution gifts no money to no man,,,,,,,,so, no gifts from AvJoe. Gotta rely on....guess who....Yourself!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
46d

@AverageJoe1
No, YOU said gommint shouldn't be in the science business and I agree. SCIENTISTS should be in the business of science not politicians like Christian Nationalists like you who want the US to become a US version of Iran or Afghanistan.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
46d

@averagejoe1 said
Link us to this ‘contract’, please. And let us stipulate on the front end that a contract is certainly enforceable between both parties generally speaking. So yes, if there is an enforceable contract between Delta and Mr. Jones and his five kids, yes , Delta needs to acknowledge it even if they have to kick someone who is not on contract off their plane. (Let us not forget, it is their plane).
Please link us that contract, I am curious.
I'm sure you have flown before and know what an airline ticket is. But this is about about disputes and the role of government in those disputes.

Lake Como

Moves
46d

@spruce112358 said
I'm sure you have flown before and know what an airline ticket is. But this is about about disputes and the role of government in those disputes.
huh?