Corp Tax Hike = Punishes Avg American

Corp Tax Hike = Punishes Avg American

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
55d

https://reason.com/2024/03/14/bidens-proposed-corporate-tax-hike-will-punish-the-average-american/

So MANY reasons, how about restricting corporations investing more in the company. Do y'all REALLY think Biden has the best minds when it comes to economics?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
55d

@averagejoe1 said
https://reason.com/2024/03/14/bidens-proposed-corporate-tax-hike-will-punish-the-average-american/

So MANY reasons, how about restricting corporations investing more in the company. Do y'all REALLY think Biden has the best minds when it comes to economics?
Once again, your argument is crap when your given is crap.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
55d
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said

Your thread title is simply a lie
Low corporate taxation is sucking the lifeblood out of the US economy and spraying it all over cheap foreign labour / minimal regulation economies.
Don’t be so freaking stupid

Lake Como

Moves
55d

@suzianne said
Once again, your argument is crap when your given is crap.
No, no, no ....it is not me! It is Reason.com.
I'm like you, I say let us all go where the money is and just take it. This year, and e ery year thereafter. Get the full monte. I have heard 90% batted around, but frankly, even getting that much, the rich will still have money to live on. Each year. Get the same amount from them each year, which would be enough, each year and every year thereafter. Everyone would have a joyous life, as would the rich, cranking out the money for all of us to live on.

Lake Como

Moves
55d

@kevcvs57 said
Your thread title is simply a lie
Low corporate taxation is sucking the lifeblood out of the US economy and spraying it all over cheap foreign labour / minimal regulation economies.
Don’t be so freaking stupid
Sueperson and Kev have weighed in in tandem. The thread runs like clockwork!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
55d

@AverageJoe1
You mean like the Trump tax bribe, 2 trillion less tax, Trump says corps will use the windfall to build American factories, bla bla bla, but what they really did was stock buy backs so their bottom line got better, no new factories no new jobs.
Reason is full of shyte. Ask yourself who paid for that paper? I bet it wasn't the red cross.

Lake Como

Moves
55d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
You mean like the Trump tax bribe, 2 trillion less tax, Trump says corps will use the windfall to build American factories, bla bla bla, but what they really did was stock buy backs so their bottom line got better, no new factories no new jobs.
Reason is full of shyte. Ask yourself who paid for that paper? I bet it wasn't the red cross.
'...that paper.."?? what?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
55d

@averagejoe1 said
Sueperson and Kev have weighed in in tandem. The thread runs like clockwork!
Just trying to introduce you to a thing we like to call "reality".

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
55d

@averagejoe1 said

If you knew anything about how our tax code works, you'd stop posting this nonsense.

Why do you insist on letting websites do your thinking. Can't you think for yourself?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
55d

@mchill said
If you knew anything about how our tax code works, you'd stop posting this nonsense.

Why do you insist on letting websites do your thinking. Can't you think for yourself?
Duh.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
55d
1 edit

@mchill said

mchill, you don't know how the tax code works the number of people that actually do are few in number, if any, tax codes extend to many thousands of pages. You might make it through 5 pages.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
55d
1 edit

@wajoma said
mchill, you don't know how the tax code works the number of people that actually do are few in number, if any, tax codes extend to many thousands of pages. You might make it through 5 pages.
For average earning wage slaves it’s quite simple. You just ascertain how much your average billionaire pays and quadruple that figure to find out how much tax you pay, this tax gap will rise if trump is elected
Or you could find out the current tax threshold ( how much you can earn tax free ) and then deduct whatever the current PAYE tax rate is from the remainder

Lake Como

Moves
55d

@suzianne said
Just trying to introduce you to a thing we like to call "reality".
And I thank you for that. Could you please apply your reality to our government requiring its citizens to pay the tutiion loans of citizens who have taken out said tuition loans? Would it not follow, under your reality concept, that the government could require us to provide a car to the borrowers?
After that, I will ask you to apply reality to Biden family receiving no judgement regarding non-payment of taxes on millions. Sonhhouse, please hold back.

Lake Como

Moves
55d

@wajoma said
Certainly i believe McHill knows the tax code. And I would love hjs studied opinion on applying the eighth amendment to the exorbitant rulling against Trump in NYC.

Lake Como

Moves
55d

@mchill said

That would be Marauder. What happened to him, anyway? And hey, I'm the guy you fellers have chided for NOT using links. Whew. You smart enough to know the tax code? I'm not seeing it.