Elon's Anti-Semitic Tweet

Elon's Anti-Semitic Tweet

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
154d
1 edit

Elon responded to the following tweet, made less than a month ago during the chaos of the Israeli-Palestine war:

https://twitter.com/breakingbaht/status/1724892505647296620

Jewish communties have been pushing the exact kind of dialectical hatred against whites that they claim to want people to stop using against them.

Elon's response: "You have said the actual truth".

Where are the right-wingers now? Every time someone is even remotely critical of Israel you all cry bigotry. Where's Av Joe's thread about Musk?

https://www.wsj.com/tech/elon-musk-antisemitism-social-media-fc5ec321

Elon Musk Said Antisemitic Social-Media Post Was ‘the Actual Truth’

rain

Moves
154d
1 edit

Something I've noticed: it seems right-wingers care more about Israel than they do about Jews. They revere the land of Israel but have no problem with antisemitism

The same conservatives who worship Israel look the other way at white supremacist marches chanting "Jews will not replace us".

Maybe it's because of Israel's importance to the Bible but this dichotomy conservatives have is odd.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
154d

@vivify said
Elon responded to the following tweet, made less than a month ago during the chaos of the Israeli-Palestine war:

Jewish communties have been pushing the exact kind of dialectical hatred against whites that they claim to want people to stop using against them.

Elon's response: "You have said the ...[text shortened]... -social-media-fc5ec321

Musk Tweets (or is it X'es?) too much. He does it like 20 times a day. Although this one was increadibly stupid, on balance, I don't think he's against Jews. He now claims he's "philo-Semitic." A true anti-Semite would not have knuckled under so quickly and run to Israel to tour the 10/7 carnage.

There are problems with Musk, but Jew-hating is not one of them.

rain

Moves
154d
2 edits

@sh76 said
I don't think he's against Jews. A true anti-Semite would not have knuckled under so quickly and run to Israel to tour the 10/7 carnage.
Check my second post. Conservative love for Israel is not the same as love for Jews. See this article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2019/08/22/how-anti-semitic-beliefs-have-quietly-taken-hold-among-some-evangelical-christians/

How anti-Semitic beliefs have taken hold among some evangelical Christians

While Trump calls most Jews disloyal, some American Christians are following pastors who blame Jews for a long list of the nation’s ills.

It seems contradictory but Christians who see Israel as God's nation simultaneously breed antisemitism.

Don't confuse conservative love of Israel for respect toward Jews.

rain

Moves
154d
2 edits

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/27/jewish-antisemitism-support-israel-gaza-zionism

Antisemites supporting Israel is weird. Jewish support of them is even weirder

Perhaps the most bizarre spectacle of the past month has been watching some of the world’s most wretched antisemites lining up to give their unalloyed support to Israel. Even more jarring has been their embrace by those who are supposed to advocate for Jewish safety.

These people include the radical US pastor John Hagee, who previously claimed that Adolf Hitler had been born from a lineage of “accursed, genocidally murderous half-breed Jews” and sent by God to help the Jews reach the promised land.

Then there’s US presidential candidate Robert F Kennedy Jr, who earlier this year repeated the conspiracy theory that Covid-19 was “targeted” to spare Jewish and Chinese people. When he was accused of propagating antisemitism, which he denies, Kennedy chose to blast representatives like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for insufficient support of Israel, saying that “criticism of Israel is a false narrative” and “Israel is a shining star on human rights in the Middle East”.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
154d

@vivify said
Check my second post. Conservative love for Israel is not the same as love for Jews. See this article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2019/08/22/how-anti-semitic-beliefs-have-quietly-taken-hold-among-some-evangelical-christians/

[quote]How anti-Semitic beliefs have taken hold among some evangelical Christians

While Trump calls most Jews disloyal, som ...[text shortened]... aneously breed antisemitism.

Don't confuse conservative love of Israel for respect toward Jews.
Musk is not a fundamentalist Christian either. He's an opinionated genius probably with a mild psychological disorder (I suspect he's bipolar or he may have mild ASD) and who loves to shoot his mouth off and says a lot of things for shock value. I've followed him on Twitter since long before he bought the platform. I have never seen evidence of anti-Semitism. I think it was a fluke.

rain

Moves
154d
2 edits

@sh76 said
Musk is not a fundamentalist Christian either. He's an opinionated genius probably with a mild psychological disorder (I suspect he's bipolar or he may have mild ASD) and who loves to shoot his mouth off and says a lot of things for shock value. I've followed him on Twitter since long before he bought the platform. I have never seen evidence of anti-Semitism. I think it was a fluke.
The Anti Defamation League disagrees.
https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/extremists-far-right-figures-exploit-recent-changes-twitter

Corporations like Apple and Disney have pulled all advertising from Musk's platform when Twitter kept putting their ads next to pro-Nazi content.
https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-x-antisemitism-twitter-ads-83e68f03e9bf1d261c1a8c55066c4e59

Musk has too many such cases for it to be a "fluke".

Fundamentalist Christian or not, it's a mistake to conflate right-wing support of Israel with tolerance toward Jews.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
154d

From the Believer interview scene:

...they undermine traditional life and they deracinate society...deracinate...tear out the roots. A real people derives its Genius from the land...from the soil, this is how they know themselves. But the Jews dont even have soil.

*They have Israel*.

Those arent Jews.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
154d

@vivify said

Elon's response: "You have said the ...[text shortened]... -social-media-fc5ec321

I’m not sure why that’s anti-Semitic.

It’s rather unspecific (all Jews? All Whites?).
But other than that, I don’t actually see anything along the lines of “Jews are evil greedy giant space-laser loving rulers of the planet with large noses.”

Why do you think it’s antii-Semitic?

rain

Moves
154d
2 edits

@shavixmir said
I’m not sure why that’s anti-Semitic.

It’s rather unspecific (all Jews? All Whites?).
But other than that, I don’t actually see anything along the lines of “Jews are evil greedy giant space-laser loving rulers of the planet with large noses.”

Why do you think it’s antii-Semitic?
White supremacists claim Jews are trying to exterminate the white race (Great Replacement Theory). Accusing Jewish communities of "pushing hatred" against whites just feeds into that idea.

Maybe it would be different if he was calling out specific people for specific statements but that tweet lumps entire groups of Jews together as culprits in spreading "hatred" against whites.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
154d

@vivify said
White supremacists claim Jews are trying to exterminate the white race (Great Replacement Theory). Accusing Jewish communities of "pushing hatred" against whites just feeds into that idea.

Maybe it would be different if he was calling out specific people for specific statements but that tweet lumps entire groups of Jews together as culprits in spreading "hatred" against whites.
Okay. I can see that.
Do Jewish communities point and shout: “Antisemitism” whenever there’s any criticism of Israel?

The israeli government certainly does.
And if so, could that be felt like it’s oppressing political opinion?

The point I’m making, I think, is that the term antisemite is thrown around rather easily at the moment. And I’m not always quite sure it’s justified.

rain

Moves
154d
1 edit

@shavixmir said
Okay. I can see that.
Do Jewish communities point and shout: “Antisemitism” whenever there’s any criticism of Israel?

The israeli government certainly does.
And if so, could that be felt like it’s oppressing political opinion?

The point I’m making, I think, is that the term antisemite is thrown around rather easily at the moment. And I’m not always quite sure it’s justified.
Opinions based in facts can survive attempts to drown them in "ism" and "phobic" claims.

Israelis forcibly removing Palestinians from their land and moving in: fact
Jews collectively spreading hatred toward whites: unfounded assertion

Also: criticizing a government isn't the same as criticizing an ethnic group. I can't think of a time when blasting the Saudi or Iranian government was seen as Islamophobic. That's usually because the facts speak for themselves in such nations.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
154d

@vivify said
Opinions based in facts can survive attempts to drown them in "ism" and "phobic" claims.

Israelis forcibly removing Palestinians from their land and moving in: fact
Jews collectively spreading hatred toward whites: unfounded assertion

Also: criticizing a government isn't the same as criticizing an ethnic group. I can't think of a time when blasting the Saudi or Irani ...[text shortened]... nt was seen as Islamophobic. That's usually because the facts speak for themselves in such nations.
Well, I’ll have to agree to agree with you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
154d

@vivify said
The Anti Defamation League disagrees.
https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/extremists-far-right-figures-exploit-recent-changes-twitter

Corporations like Apple and Disney have pulled all advertising from Musk's platform when Twitter kept putting their ads next to pro-Nazi content.
https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-x-antisemitism-twitter-ads-83e68f03e9bf1d261c1a8c5506 ...[text shortened]... hristian or not, it's a mistake to conflate right-wing support of Israel with tolerance toward Jews.
It's also a mistake to assume the only ones supporting Israel are evangelical Christians.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
154d
1 edit

@sh76 said
Musk Tweets (or is it X'es?) too much. He does it like 20 times a day. Although this one was increadibly stupid, on balance, I don't think he's against Jews. He now claims he's "philo-Semitic." A true anti-Semite would not have knuckled under so quickly and run to Israel to tour the 10/7 carnage.

There are problems with Musk, but Jew-hating is not one of them.
“ A true anti-Semite would not have knuckled under so quickly and run to Israel to tour the 10/7 carnage. ”
He would if he was an arch capitalist who wanted his advertising revenue back.
That’s was one of the most cynical walkabouts I’ve seen for a while, to hedge his bets he visited Gaza as well
Non antisemites support the existence of the state of Israel because they believe the Holocaust made it an imperative that Jews have a safe haven and it is the obvious choice given their historical and cultural links to the area.
Many antisemites support the existence of the state of Israel because it fulfils the prophetic BS in their the holy book of their choice.