First US female athlete to observe hijab at the olympics

First US female athlete to observe hijab at the olympics

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
24 Aug 16
3 edits

p

Moves
24 Aug 16

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Yep, so what .
What I asked you to bring up is not there ,is it ?
You lying little bugger .

D

Moves
24 Aug 16

p

Moves
24 Aug 16

Bring up the proof ,that's all I ask .

D

Moves
24 Aug 16
1 edit

D

Moves
24 Aug 16
2 edits

p

Moves
24 Aug 16

You still haven't ,have you ?
Trawl through previous posts and bring up the proof , but you can't because its not there . I will ask you again , bring up the said post .

D

Moves
24 Aug 16
1 edit

p

Moves
24 Aug 16

Evidence , bring it up
page 2 ,post 15 ... ?????
Your lack of character shines through , when you lie the only person you " kid " is yourself . You don't have much substance, I thought you claimed to be an educated person doesn't really mean a lot when you resort to lying .

D

Moves
24 Aug 16
2 edits

rc

Moves
24 Aug 16

how dull!

Z

Moves
24 Aug 16

Originally posted by Great King Rat
"you assume her father is oppressive"

Try as I might, my brain just cannot comprehend how you came to attribute this claim to me. Nothing I said had anything to do with her father.

"Perhaps the gentleman assumes too much"

Yes, perhaps you did.

Women who are Muslim and wear a hijab (or one of those ridiculous full-body curtains with slits a ...[text shortened]... and should not be considered free choice, since it is often part of their religious upbringing.
"Nothing I said had anything to do with her father."
it was implied. she is a young woman, who else could force her.

"Women who are Muslim and wear a hijab (or one of those ridiculous full-body curtains with slits at eye height so that Madam Muslim doesn't constantly bump into walls and such) do not choose to do so."
yes, because this opinion takes precedence over actually asking them.

"Even when surrounded by people who do not force her to wear a hijab, the simple fact that Islam (or their particular version of Islam) teaches women to wear a hijab takes away the free choice aspect."
teachings take away free will...
sometimes a sentence is so stupid that one cannot find enough energy to dispute it.

"Something similar might be said for for instance the yarmulke."
yarmulke takes away free will. gotcha.
what else, according to you, takes away free will? sikh turbans? mormon magical underwear? sports fans wearing their team's colors? all those drones, having no choice in the matter.

"Long skirts on the other hand are often still worn by Christian women, here in The Netherlands mostly in the Biblebelt, and should not be considered free choice, since it is often part of their religious upbringing"
so if the group you belong to tells you to wear something, you have no choice in the matter. you know, i am starting to thing that you are stupid enough that you actually wouldn't have any choice, indeed.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
25 Aug 16

Originally posted by Great King Rat
"you assume her father is oppressive"

Try as I might, my brain just cannot comprehend how you came to attribute this claim to me. Nothing I said had anything to do with her father.

"Perhaps the gentleman assumes too much"

Yes, perhaps you did.

Women who are Muslim and wear a hijab (or one of those ridiculous full-body curtains with slits a ...[text shortened]... and should not be considered free choice, since it is often part of their religious upbringing.
===Something similar might be said for for instance the yarmulke.===

Yeah, I know. I feel so oppressed. Maybe the government can rescue me by banning the yarmulke. It's okay. A baseball cap is a suitable alternative. I just hope the judge doesn't mind my showing up to court in a baseball cap. Maybe I can try a Fedora or Hombourg or one of those cabbie hats, Any of those would do.

Though, consider this: I'd be wearing any of those for religious purposes. Since that's my intent, should the government simply ban all of them? If I wanted to go to the ballgame with a Yankees' cap, should I be required to sign an affidavit that I'm not wearing it for religious purposes, perhaps?

Z

Moves
25 Aug 16

Originally posted by sh76
===Something similar might be said for for instance the yarmulke.===

Yeah, I know. I feel so oppressed. Maybe the government can rescue me by banning the yarmulke. It's okay. A baseball cap is a suitable alternative. I just hope the judge doesn't mind my showing up to court in a baseball cap. Maybe I can try a Fedora or Hombourg or one of those cabbie hats, ...[text shortened]... ould I be required to sign an affidavit that I'm not wearing it for religious purposes, perhaps?
"If I wanted to go to the ballgame with a Yankees' cap, should I be required to sign an affidavit that I'm not wearing it for religious purposes, perhaps?"
it still won't be enough because the yankees supporters club dictate yankees fans should wear those caps. as such, all your choice in that matter is taken out of your hands and you are incapable of making a decision.

he is the only one fit to save you and dictate what you must wear.

p

Moves
25 Aug 16

" I wrote my post "
It's not your post I am interested in it's my alleged post saying I don't think Mo Farah is British . That's the one you can try to find ...my post not yours ..understand?