I'm bored

I'm bored

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
29 Sep 16

Anything else intetesting going on in the world besides the election?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
29 Sep 16
2 edits

Originally posted by vivify
Well. Kim Kardashian was attacked in Paris, Brad Pitt took a voluntary drug test, and the Usual Suspects is now available on Netflix. On the less important front, I just won my 4th game in a row since starting here, and am now up to a 1566 provisional rating. My actual playing strength is around 1450, so it's only a matter of time before someone exploits one of my many chess weakness's, and brings about complete justification to my well developed since of chess inferiority. Other than that, the sun is setting here on a beautiful day as we enter the season of mist and mellow fruitfulness. 🙂

k

Moves
29 Sep 16

I just built a solar and wind powered strobe light. Only good at nite or a dark room tho.

rain

Moves
29 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by kquinn909
I just built a solar and wind powered strobe light. Only good at nite or a dark room tho.
That's actually interesting.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
29 Sep 16

How does a solar powered strobe light function at night?

rc

Moves
29 Sep 16

Originally posted by DeepThought
solar and wind powered.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Sep 16

Most solar devices utilize a battery for storage.

rain

Moves
29 Sep 16
1 edit

Strobe lights are typically most effective in the dark.

Moves
29 Sep 16

Could it be use to determine the speed of dark?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
29 Sep 16

Spend more time with your family. If you're not married and don't have kids, take your nephews an nieces to the zoo or a ballgame or just to the local Baskin' Robbins.

If not that, think of a business idea and start working on it. Don't worry, if you succeed, the government will only take 50%. The other 50% is yours.

Go get a good audio book and take a long walk in the crisp delicious Autumn air or go to the gym.

Go to coursera, find something interesting and take a MOOC.

No need for boredom; there's always plenty to do.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
29 Sep 16

Originally posted by sh76
Go get a good audio book and take a long walk in the crisp delicious Autumn air or go to the gym.
This.

I've lost 30 lbs in the last three-ish months through intermittent fasting and looong walks in the woods. Life is better. As soon as the rain shows up I'll have to switch to racquetball or something because I have 20 lbs to go. Also, try not reading this retarded forum. I've not been able to quit for some reason, but I'm sure I'd be happier for it.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
29 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Sleepyguy
This.

I've lost 30 lbs in the last three-ish months through intermittent fasting and looong walks in the woods. Life is better. As soon as the rain shows up I'll have to switch to racquetball or something because I have 20 lbs to go. Also, try not reading this retarded forum. I've not been able to quit for some reason, but I'm sure I'd be happier for it.
Eh, as long as you keep it to a few minutes (a few being maybe 20) a day, it's not a big deal.

Congrats on the weight loss. Keep it up! I lost 20 lbs last Fall and I feel amazing. I've also improved my tennis game just by being lighter. The same guys I was evenly matched with last year I beat steadily this year.

Even up in Oregon, the rain shouldn't stop you from walking. Get a good jacket with a hood and as long as it's just misting, walking can be doable, even pleasant. The only thing that needs to stop you is a steady downpour and that doesn't happen all day very often, even in the great Pacific Northwest.

I love the cloudy and cool Fall weather. Very pleasant walking weather. In the winter it can be even better if you have a good coat and gloves where walking quickly for 20 minutes warms up your body so that cold temps don't really bother you. It's only in the sticky summer mess that walking is unpleasant and even then, waiting until 10 or 11 at night usually makes it bearable.

D

Moves
29 Sep 16

jb

Moves
30 Sep 16

Russia is trying to reform the UN. To the Western nations it seems like a good idea to have a one world dictatorship with those entities in control that are responsible for most of the wars of the past couple of centuries and the cause of government sponsored terrorism. Russia has been shunned for the most part in having any say in international policies with this organization and Putin is using Judo politics in trying to make changes. In other words he has been not condeming the UN but attempting to use its momentum against itself. Clever man this Putin is. Interesting how he used the same tactics to enter Syria using the momentum of the "war against terror". It makes it a little difficult to see what he believes in when speaks and we can only hope they will be part of a check in world power.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
02 Oct 16

Originally posted by sh76
Eh, as long as you keep it to a few minutes (a few being maybe 20) a day, it's not a big deal.

Congrats on the weight loss. Keep it up! I lost 20 lbs last Fall and I feel amazing. I've also improved my tennis game just by being lighter. The same guys I was evenly matched with last year I beat steadily this year.

Even up in Oregon, the rain shouldn't stop ...[text shortened]... walking is unpleasant and even then, waiting until 10 or 11 at night usually makes it bearable.
Thanks. Yeah I can deal with the rain, but I'm going to have find trails that don't turn to mud. I did about 7 miles out there today and it was already starting to get muddy.