Is Obama betraying the Kurds?

Is Obama betraying the Kurds?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
08 Oct 14

The Kurds are claiming that the USA is essentially letting Kobani fall to the Islamic State by only doing symbolic bombing and nothing more.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/opinion/If-Kobani-falls-Turkey-and-the-US-Will-Have-Blood-on-Their-Hands-20141003-0056.html

Turkey (an ally of the USA) has always seen the Kurds as a threat. Is Obama allowing that threat to be eliminated?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
08 Oct 14

Originally posted by Metal Brain
The Kurds are claiming that the USA is essentially letting Kobani fall to the Islamic State by only doing symbolic bombing and nothing more.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/opinion/If-Kobani-falls-Turkey-and-the-US-Will-Have-Blood-on-Their-Hands-20141003-0056.html

Turkey (an ally of the USA) has always seen the Kurds as a threat. Is Obama allowing that threat to be eliminated?
It's human nature to sacrifice the interests of the less powerful to appease the more powerful.

w

Moves
08 Oct 14
1 edit

The Kurds are the only real ally the US has in that Islamic mess.

Obama is seeing to it that they disappear.

The Kurds will be left to die like the Christians in the Sudan. Those that are powerless, weak, and not politically connected will be eliminated.

q

Moves
08 Oct 14

The Kurds aren't really in danger. The beheadings are fake.

w

Moves
08 Oct 14

Originally posted by quackquack
The Kurds aren't really in danger. The beheadings are fake.
Really?

What about the Twin Towers? Did they not really fall?

What about the bombings at the Boston Marathon, where they faked as well?

What about the dude that lopped off the head of and American in the US recently? Was that a fake?

What about Mohammad himself that lopped off the heads of hundreds of his adversaries? Was this faked as well?

What about the beheadings in Saudi Arabia that happen pretty much every day? Are they faked?

q

Moves
08 Oct 14

Originally posted by whodey
Really?

What about the Twin Towers? Did they not really fall?

What about the bombings at the Boston Marathon, where they faked as well?

What about the dude that lopped off the head of and American in the US recently? Was that a fake?

What about Mohammad himself that lopped off the heads of hundreds of his adversaries? Was this faked as well?

What about the beheadings in Saudi Arabia that happen pretty much every day? Are they faked?
I don't believe any of it was faked. But I was hoping to understand from Metal Brain who seems to believe that beheadings were faked why this danger too isn't faked.

K

Germany

Moves
08 Oct 14

The Kurds are not a US ally, so how could the Obama administration "betray" them?

MB

Moves
08 Oct 14

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
The Kurds are not a US ally, so how could the Obama administration "betray" them?
Obama helped them to fight the IS in Iraq when it suited his purpose there. Now in Syria they are left out to dry. Shouldn't they feel used?

D

Moves
08 Oct 14
1 edit

E

Moves
08 Oct 14

Obama is all for the Jihadists, which means he is against the Kurds. This is why he allowed US built tanks to fall into their hands and has done nothing to destroy those tanks.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
08 Oct 14

Originally posted by Eladar
Obama is all for the Jihadists, which means he is against the Kurds. This is why he allowed US built tanks to fall into their hands and has done nothing to destroy those tanks.
I don't think they do have American made tanks. I think journalists are manipulating headlines to make us think so. When I investigate the only tanks ISIS appear to have are Russian T55s.

They have American made Humvees.

E

Moves
08 Oct 14

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I don't think they do have American made tanks. I think journalists are manipulating headlines to make us think so. When I investigate the only tanks ISIS appear to have are Russian T55s.

They have American made Humvees.
No matter what tanks they have, we should be able to destroy them easy enough.

MB

Moves
09 Oct 14

I am sure they did get weapons from the US indirectly and Saudi Arabia too. Somebody with deep pockets had to have armed them for them to take as much territory as they did. I am willing to consider the possibility that the USA is fine with what IS is doing and helping certain factions of IS more than others.

The Obama plan might be to let IS advance and then claim they need US ground troops to stop the advance when it is really to occupy and hold it. It does seems ridiculous that the air strikes can't take out most of those tanks.

It is obvious to me that US ground troops are part of the plan no matter how much Obama denies it.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
09 Oct 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
You are right. Everyone in the area is anti Kurd, except when they are looking for an ally against another neighbor. The Kurds therefor don't trust anyone, least of all the US.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Oct 14

No matter what tanks they have, we should be able to destroy them easy enough.
ISIS has a handful of T72s too but still Russian tanks. They do have American artillery though.