Moves
    24 Mar '15 17:14
    Originally posted by vivify
    Let's start with an incredibly in-your-face lie from Sean Hannity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h172eAPdPFo

^
    That alone is more than enough. But here's more from Bill O'Reilly:

Lies about JFK's assassin:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2976495/CNN-publishes-audio-Bill-O-Reilly-proving-lied-Killing-Kennedy.html

Lies about war covera ...[text shortened]... .com/politics/bill-oreilly-long-list-of-lies/

Had enough? Will you admit you were wrong?
    There are differences between inadvertent mistakes and boldfaced lies. For example Dan Rather insisted for months his report on Presidential candidate George W. Bush was accurate, until the "evidence" was exposed as a document produced with a dot matrix printer which didn't exist at the time the document was purported to have been produced by and IBM electric typewriter.

I went through most of your stuff, and much of it is disputable, and arguable, or simply misread stuff. In addition to Jon Stewart, your bastions of truth are Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman, both of whom MSNBC had to sack for their ventures out of reality.

As I said before, viewers have plenty of choices, and despite all of the efforts to discredit Fox News, it leads all others in the ratings, that is more people voluntarily choose that channel over the others. All those people are not clones, or stupid, nor do they not choose to watch the others to get perspective.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 17:191 edit
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Then you been brainwashed.
    Here open your mind to the other side of the coin:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BamaFanatic12345
    Here's one for you that Colbert and Stewart will never show you, if you want to know what the US is really like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6iWqV4Eyt8
    bwahaha
    says "what the US is really like"
    shows video with black teenagers fighting.
    let me try to summarize what you are trying to say with the second video:
    "look at this instance of black kids fighting, look how "those" people behave, how disgustingly unlike white kids they are because we all know white kids don't fight, ever"

first video:
    black man offers a reasonable opinion: "if white communities would be policed like black communities you would have a high crime rate there too". immediately cut off by the angry racist channel owner "see?!!! the lie is spreading, subscribe now!!!""

you are adorable.

i constantly complain about fox news bias, about scared bigoted white americans watching fox news, afraid of exposing themselves to other opinions. i feel sorry for those americans.

you are not like those americans. you belong to a group that fox news distances itself from. you (or the persona you created here) are among the people that even fox news calls disgustingly racist.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 17:43
    Originally posted by normbenign
    There are differences between inadvertent mistakes and boldfaced lies. For example Dan Rather insisted for months his report on Presidential candidate George W. Bush was accurate, until the "evidence" was exposed as a document produced with a dot matrix printer which didn't exist at the time the document was purported to have been produced by and IBM ele ...[text shortened]... people are not clones, or stupid, nor do they not choose to watch the others to get perspective.
    What about O'Reilly's boldfaced lie about his story related to the JFK assassin?
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    24 Mar '15 20:11
    You're not an American, right? Where you live, why is it that you've heard of him? I'm asking, because I don't see why anyone outside the U.S. would care about a show that mainly opines on American issues.
    Followed the links on this thread of course. Seen him before. Some issues are not exclusively American. eg Exxon's corrupt evasion of responsibility for environmental damage is a global concern.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    26 Mar '15 00:50
    What about O'Reilly's boldfaced lie about his story related to the JFK assassin?
    You are referring to a topic that almost every American has an opinionated stance on. What I'm trying to get across is that news people, like everyone else make mistakes, have opinions, and aren't gods, not Fox New, not MSNBC, not any of them. Mistakes, inaccuracies, matters of opinion, aren't lies, boldfaced or otherwise.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 Mar '15 02:351 edit
    You are referring to a topic that almost every American has an opinionated stance on. What I'm trying to get across is that news people, like everyone else make mistakes, have opinions, and aren't gods, not Fox New, not MSNBC, not any of them. Mistakes, inaccuracies, matters of opinion, aren't lies, boldfaced or otherwise.
    That's not what you are trying to get across. You originally said that no Fox News anchor has been caught in a lie. That's clearly not true. Bill O'Reilly outright lied about what he witnesses in relation to JFK's assassin, and this has been proven. Now that this is clear to you, you're now backtracking and claiming to to be discussing the imperfection of mankind.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Mar '15 02:58
    There are differences between inadvertent mistakes and boldfaced lies. For example Dan Rather insisted for months his report on Presidential candidate George W. Bush was accurate, until the "evidence" was exposed as a document produced with a dot matrix printer which didn't exist at the time the document was purported to have been produced by and IBM ele ...[text shortened]... people are not clones, or stupid, nor do they not choose to watch the others to get perspective.
    I believe MSNBC is the best place to get the opposite point of view from FOX. However, I believe FOX is genearally the place to get the more accurate information.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree