Kissinger Keels Over

Kissinger Keels Over

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planet Rain

Moves
160d

Discuss!

rain

Moves
160d

I didn't think anything would top Chauvin getting stabbed but you've done it.

Well done.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
160d

One less bastard on the planet.

Planet Rain

Moves
160d

@vivify said
I didn't think anything would top Chauvin getting stabbed but you've done it.

Well done.
I'm not sure I know what you mean.

w

Moves
160d

@soothfast said
Discuss!
Kissinger's legacy?

Kissinger's death?

His weird name?

He wrote exceedingly well, that's about the highest compliment I could give in a eulogy.

Planet Rain

Moves
160d

@shavixmir said
One less bastard on the planet.
Yes, that is true. And he's not likely to get invited to any of Hitler's dinner parties in Hell. He'll have to get all his gossip second-hand through Nixon and Reagan.

Planet Rain

Moves
160d

@wildgrass said
Kissinger's legacy?

Kissinger's death?

His weird name?

He wrote exceedingly well, that's about the highest compliment I could give in a eulogy.
It's a big topic. His death is a biological fact, and his name on par with Dr. Strangelove. What's left is his legacy. Decades of it, in government and politics.

w

Moves
160d

@soothfast said
It's a big topic. His death is a biological fact, and his name on par with Dr. Strangelove. What's left is his legacy. Decades of it, in government and politics.
Can you frame the debate question?

Planet Rain

Moves
160d

@wildgrass said
Can you frame the debate question?
Overall, was Kissinger an able statesman who made a positive contribution to humanity, or was he not? There is no shortage of folks who say he has considerable blood on his hands.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
160d

@soothfast said
Overall, was Kissinger an able statesman who made a positive contribution to humanity, or was he not? There is no shortage of folks who say he has considerable blood on his hands.
The man was a right-wing kunt, with no grasp of effectual international diplomacy. He brought the world to edge of disaster; more than once, lots of his advice was utter madness and he supported many evil regimes.

I do not comprehend why Americans are so in love with him.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
160d

@shavixmir said
The man was a right-wing kunt, with no grasp of effectual international diplomacy. He brought the world to edge of disaster; more than once, lots of his advice was utter madness and he supported many evil regimes.

I do not comprehend why Americans are so in love with him.
He, along with Nixon, also managed to extend the time America spent in Vietnam, costing even more young American lives than had already been wasted in the lost war.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
160d

@soothfast said
Like most historically significant people it’s not black and white but a mixed bag of good, evil and average.
His biggest evils were probably the carpet bombing of Cambodia simply because it was part of N Vietnam’s supply route to the south and his support of Pinochet and his coup.

Z

Moves
160d

@soothfast said
Discuss!
what's to discuss. that man's life had no value and the world is a better place without him in it

Über-Nerd

Moves
160d

@soothfast said
His peace treaty with No. Vietnam, for which he was awarded a Nobel prize, “peace with honor”, was a complete sham. It sealed an ignominious defeat for America and sold the So. Vietnamese into Communist servitude.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
160d

@soothfast said
Discuss!
I was never a fan of his political views, however like Charlie Munger (the late vice chair of Berkshire Hathaway) Kissinger maintained a structured day filled with reading, journaling, and work. Keeping one's mind active and focused on tasks requiring both creative and linear thinking seems to aid in longevity.